Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Need to fix before something fails
stevend914
post Jun 10 2019, 09:25 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 20,670
Region Association: Upper MidWest

During my recent travels to Texas, California, and Route 66 Rallye I noticed a bit of a hiccup while driving - the engine has a drop in power but immediately is back to full power. I noticed the same thing on my trip to Wisconsin this past Thursday. However on Saturday during a rather spirited drive in SW Wisconsin, the engine stopped and after pressing harder on the accelerator pedal with no results, I drifted to the side of the road. On the second try at restarting, the engine fired up and I was able to drive off and had no further issues (ok, I did a 180 degree spin at one hairpin curve). Anyway, I'm driving back to STL on Sunday and after driving 300 miles all of a sudden I have no power on Interstate 55. So after hitting the accelerator pedal again with no results I start drifting over to the right lane and get ready to stop on the shoulder of the highway...but after drifting for 5 seconds or so, the car restarted and had no further problems for the remaining 130 miles home. My question is, does anyone know what the problem is, I'd like to fix it before it fails completely!! Thanks
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 08:03 PM