Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Ninefourtronics Fuel Injection tester, Made by James Thoruson, anyone have one?
IronHillRestorations
post Jun 11 2019, 07:28 PM
Post #1

I. I. R. C.

Group: Members
Member No.: 439
Region Association: None

Years ago I got a Ninefourtronics Fuel Injection tester, which was made by James Thoruson (I hope I spelled that right).

It's a great D-jet tester and has saved me time, trouble, and vocabulary issues.

I got serial number 1, and I love it. I've always wondered how many of these jewels he made. Anyone else have one? Anyone know what became of James? IIRC making these was a father/daughter project.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
nordfisch
post Jun 13 2019, 02:13 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 19,451
Region Association: None

Hi Jeff,
the 'red' edition of this manual is the latest edition ever made by Bosch.
Beige and blue edition are the predecessors.
The manual contains a parts reference and a reference about the model-year-interchangeable parts, too.

I own this for all D-Jet-cars, but in German.
I know the manual for BMW was never translated and I am surprised to see the VW / Porsche English edition for the first time.

Hi Dave,
open the plug before you try to use the tester and fasten all screws in there. They have become loose over the years and mostly don't give electric contact.

You can pull the shell of the cable by just 'milking' it and can bring it into the housing again and fix it there again.

Those testers <working condition> are sold in Europe at about 500 - 1000 US$$ depending on the condition.
One guy tries to sell one at not far from 1500 US$$: Link to ebay auction

The testers were meant for use at normal workshops.
The set included a pressure gauge for measuring the fuel pressure, too.

Bosch made much more capable testers for internal use and repair centers:
https://oldtimer.tips/cache/multithumb_thumbs/3548503952.jpg

Regards
Norbert
+Quote Post
dcheek
post Jun 13 2019, 04:55 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 6,103

QUOTE(nordfisch @ Jun 13 2019, 12:13 PM) *

Hi Jeff,
the 'red' edition of this manual is the latest edition ever made by Bosch.
Beige and blue edition are the predecessors.
The manual contains a parts reference and a reference about the model-year-interchangeable parts, too.

I own this for all D-Jet-cars, but in German.
I know the manual for BMW was never translated and I am surprised to see the VW / Porsche English edition for the first time.

Hi Dave,
open the plug before you try to use the tester and fasten all screws in there. They have become loose over the years and mostly don't give electric contact.

You can pull the shell of the cable by just 'milking' it and can bring it into the housing again and fix it there again.

Those testers <working condition> are sold in Europe at about 500 - 1000 US$$ depending on the condition.
One guy tries to sell one at not far from 1500 US$$: Link to ebay auction

The testers were meant for use at normal workshops.
The set included a pressure gauge for measuring the fuel pressure, too.

Bosch made much more capable testers for internal use and repair centers:
https://oldtimer.tips/cache/multithumb_thumbs/3548503952.jpg

Regards
Norbert

Norbert,
Thanks for the information and plug maintenance tip.

Dave
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
IronHillRestorations   Ninefourtronics Fuel Injection tester   Jun 11 2019, 07:28 PM
Dave_Darling   I think he sold very few if any of them. I visite...   Jun 11 2019, 08:39 PM
Java2570   I think he sold very few if any of them. I visit...   Jun 12 2019, 06:32 AM
Firstcar   I’ve got #3 originally sold in 2008. Got it sec...   Jun 11 2019, 10:52 PM
JeffBowlsby   I would be interested in the tester if one became ...   Jun 12 2019, 07:08 AM
IronHillRestorations   I would be interested in the tester if one became...   Jun 12 2019, 07:21 AM
GregAmy   This guy? https://members.rennlist.com/pbanders/T...   Jun 12 2019, 07:35 AM
IronHillRestorations   This guy? https://members.rennlist.com/pbanders/...   Jun 12 2019, 08:12 AM
dcheek   I bought this Bosch D-Jet tester a long time ago f...   Jun 12 2019, 08:25 AM
JeffBowlsby   That's an OK tester Dave - not the best, not t...   Jun 12 2019, 09:40 AM
dcheek   That's an OK tester Dave - not the best, not ...   Jun 12 2019, 11:16 AM
JeffBowlsby   Thanks for the info. I figured this would be THE...   Jun 12 2019, 02:59 PM
dcheek   Thanks for the info. I figured this would be TH...   Jun 13 2019, 04:50 PM
jcd914   Thanks for the info. I figured this would be TH...   Jun 15 2019, 01:01 AM
sixnotfour   almost 10yrs to the day http://www.914world.com/bb...   Jun 12 2019, 11:38 AM
IronHillRestorations   Welll, that answers that question. I sent him an ...   Jun 12 2019, 11:59 AM
nordfisch   Hi Jeff, the 'red' edition of this manual ...   Jun 13 2019, 02:13 PM
dcheek   Hi Jeff, the 'red' edition of this manual...   Jun 13 2019, 04:55 PM
914werke   How topical as I was just reading up on this over ...   Jun 14 2019, 09:20 AM

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 07:07 AM