Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Scat Cam and lifters, something is wrong
Bruce Edge
post Jun 21 2019, 08:46 PM
Post #1

Old School 914

Group: Members
Member No.: 20,646
Region Association: None

Hey All,
I was trying to get a motor built this week before going on a trip. All was going well until I bolted the rocker arm assembly on. If someone could at least give me some idea of what could be going on, so I can feel better about straightening it out when i get back.
1.7 stock, went with Scat c35 cam with lifters to match, so I could run dual carbs. New P&C stock, rebuilt heads stock, no fly cuts, stock original springs, original alum push rods.
When I rotate crank, it binds or lock up with valve springs depressed. Valves are adjusted. I can pull rockers off and crank spins freely.
has anyone heard of a problem using stock rocker and push rods with this Scat cam.
I measured lifters, push rod sets about .07 deeper in scat lifter. Also noticed where push rod seats in Scat lifter, there is not a taper like the stock lifter, and push rod can hang on edge of dished hole. Sorry for all the rambling and if I not making sense, just dis regard.
Just trying to get some peace of mind before leaving town.

Thank for any suggestions,
Bruce
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 14th May 2024 - 12:21 PM