Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Information on Race Parts please, stuff from the late Chuck Forge
carl k
post Jul 16 2019, 06:46 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 9,440
Region Association: None

Hi all-

I recently wound up with some ex-race spare parts that belonged to Chuck Forge (Chuck's 914 for sale). From what I've read, Chucks' car was very quick.

I'm more of a "stock engine" guy and don't know much about performance mods. I'd appreciate any feedback on these parts, such as if they are trick or kook, how specialized they are, value, applications, etc. If I knew more about them, I'd feel more comfortable trying to find them new home.

The heads look like 1.8L heads, 38 x 48 valves, double valve springs, with a deep relief for the cylinders. They've got some sort of thermocouples where the CHT would normally be. Exhaust ports have been machined oval to accommodate the matching exhaust stubs.

Pistons are 94mm Mahle's with a pretty good crown to them and valve reliefs cut into the tops. There's a part number printed on the cylinder base "24 503 WR 10". The cylinder tops have ridges to seal better against the head.

The header is a 4-1 style with 41mm ID primaries. It looks like the muffler is a recent addition as it's only tacked on, and there's a short intermediate adapter. The four primaries are a slip fit into the collector. The headers use separate exhaust stubs that fit the round ports found on the head. All the welds look like TIG, and it's carbon steel. I am not 100% sure the header is specifically designed for use with these heads, but the stub adapters match the headers.

thanks in advance,
Carl

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 12:48 PM