Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Recommendations for a hot day
Grosbard
post Jul 19 2019, 07:39 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,862
Region Association: Southern California

Hi all,

Temperatures here will be 100 degrees this weekend. I'm planning a drive tomorrow, so I would like to ask you guys for recommendations for keeping the engine from getting too hot. i.e. Not improvements to make for the future (I have a plan for that already), but just tips and suggestions to improve things for tomorrow.

1. My thought is as long as I'm willing to pull over at a rest area whenever the temperatures get high, and turn the car off and let it rest for 20 minutes or so, I'm thinking I should be fine. Am I correct in saying that or is 20 minutes not nearly enough for getting temps down an appreciable amount?

2. What would you say is the ideal RPM for max cooling? On the highways here, I can sometimes get as low as 2400 RPM in 5th gear while driving the speed limit. I suspect that 2400 RPM is too low for optimum fan cooling - although it also generates less heat than a higher RPM, so the question is where is the tradeoff optimal point of RPM.

Thanks in advance!

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th April 2024 - 06:44 AM