Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V < 1 2 3  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Okteenerfest caravan from the DFW area, Lets start planning.
scottthephotog
post Sep 7 2019, 10:16 PM
Post #41

Group: Members
Member No.: 22,667
Region Association: Southwest Region

Well, hooked up everything, it wouldn't start, and I've got fuel leaking from the injectors. I installed new lines when I put them in and everything is tight, so I'm thinking the injectors might be shot.

Summit Racing has replacements made by Standard Motor Products. No idea if they are any good or not. $72 a piece. I might call Summit Racing in Arlington tomorrow and see if they have them in stock.

At this point while I'd love to drive it, I'm so fed up with it that I'm thinking of just driving the 944. I don't even know if new injectors will solve my starting issue. I don't want to check spark at the plugs since there is still some fuel vapor in the garage.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
scottthephotog
post Sep 8 2019, 03:43 PM
Post #42

Unlike their website said, summit racing does not have injectors in stock, and doesn't carry them in store.

Tried the 1.7L injectors, and 2 of them started leaking. Still can't get it to start. I'm not sure I have spark at the distributor either. Maybe I wired the coil incorrectly or the computer is malfunctioning/bad. The coul feels warm/hot, so I unplugged the wires for now.
+Quote Post
wvspin2
post Sep 10 2019, 06:49 AM
Post #43

Member No.: 21,737
Region Association: None

Scotts it's more like your at witts end (IMG:style_emoticons/default/headbang.gif) Thank goodness you can take a breather and have options. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/stirthepot.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif)
+Quote Post
wvspin2
post Sep 10 2019, 02:43 PM
Post #44

Member No.: 21,737
Region Association: None

Been working since dawn trying to hook up trailer to tow the 914. No go. tried a new wiring connector 6 point, 7 point no go. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/hissyfit.gif) Got with some technicians in the area and RV people (IMG:style_emoticons/default/hissyfit.gif) . So, as a result we won't be towing sad to say my 914 (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif) . Might be a computer issue with the TDI Touareg. We will be driving the Boxster. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/shades.gif)
+Quote Post
scottthephotog
post Sep 10 2019, 09:22 PM
Post #45

Updates. Fixed the injector problem. Started and ran great, but the oil cooler leaked like mad. Replaced the oil cooler. Now it won't start, and if it does, it runs super terrible and stalls out in a couple seconds. No oil leak though. I can't for the life of me figure out why changing the oil cooler would make it not run. I've triple checked the vacuum lines, EFI lines, spark plug wires, distributor, coil, etc...

Guess we'll be seeing you in the 944 tomorrow...
+Quote Post
914four
post Sep 11 2019, 07:37 PM
Post #46

Member No.: 7,582
Region Association: South East States

You guys want to meet up with Mike at Corner 16 at 11:30 a.m.? It looks to be on our way just off I40. The address is 1640 Bob Kirby Rd,Knoxville, TN 37931

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...6859&st=280
+Quote Post

3 Pages V < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 08:06 AM