Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Any members here, rebuild turn signal/wiper switch
MarkG
post Jun 27 2005, 09:33 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,102

assemblies? My '76 assembly is apart (fell apart....)...can't find a diagram of where all the little springs, etc go.

So....I need someone who has done these bwefore OR I need to buy a good used one and I will play with mine as time permits!

Thanks Mark
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies(1 - 5)
xsboost90
post Jun 27 2005, 09:36 AM
Post #2

Member No.: 2,432

i just bought a whole stalk off evilbay -awaiting delivery- because my horn tab was broken off. Ill see if it works and you can get mine cheap, needs the little copper tab replaced though. Works fine. 76 914
+Quote Post
MarkG
post Jun 27 2005, 11:11 AM
Post #3

sounds good....my horn tab broken too (among my other issues w/stalk).
+Quote Post
Dr Evil
post Jun 27 2005, 11:47 AM
Post #4

Send me your transmission!

Member No.: 1,372
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

Last I saw, you could get a new one for about $45.
+Quote Post
xsboost90
post Jun 27 2005, 12:11 PM
Post #5

Member No.: 2,432

ask and ye shall receive, mine just showed up! Is there a difference between late and early?
+Quote Post
MarkG
post Jun 27 2005, 02:18 PM
Post #6

QUOTE (xsboost90 @ Jun 27 2005, 10:11 AM)
ask and ye shall receive, mine just showed up! Is there a difference between late and early?

Beats me....heck all i really need is to see where all the parts (springs, clips etc.) go and i could just fix my old one. Figure for the price I will get a used one and either fix it or use it as a guide fixing my old one.

How all this started....I had a loose steering column - up and down slack; so I bought the metal bushing saver.

Removed steering wheel/hub (MoMo) to bang in the bushing, but when I moved the column up and down to see where the original bushing was worn, it looked fine. Figured I wasn't looking at the right bearing, so off comes the knee dash pad and to get beter look at things. Pried out the turn signal/wiper switch assembly, still see no bad bearing. But I DO see a mispalced piece of metal strip next to wiper switch/turn signal cancel tab. Push the metal piece back in.

I then discover an Allen bolt under the column platic cover (hidden by the knee pad - NOT the 4 main bolts holding the column to the car).....this bolt is loose, tighten it up - and my column play goes away....seems the bearing was fine!

Re-assemble, test drive, and everytime I use the turn signal switch I blow a fuse (3rd from the right I believe)...which causes the generator light to glow, the wipers to work continously and no turn signals. I'm thinking the small thin metal strip is causing the short. Take cover off of the signal assembly, and now have springs, clips, strips and plastic parts all over the floor (retrieved them all)....

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th May 2024 - 10:24 PM