Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> 915 Transmission for 914
Jay Wellwood
post Aug 4 2019, 02:32 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 19,588
Region Association: South East States

Long time periodic lurker, first time poster.

Read a number of threads here and other forums. I *think* I understand this topic just enough to be dangerous to my checkbook. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/unsure.gif)

That said, I think In understand that the 915 can be used in the 914 as a direct bolt-on to the chassis and will accommodate all of the 3.0, 3.2 and 3.6 air cooled engine variations.

The ideal final drive ratio appears to be the 8.3:1

However, one still needs to do some work to complete this swap. A shift adapter kit, and a speedo adapter kit are needed to fully complete the mod. Kits are available from bugat 5 speed and Auto Atlanta (maybe other sources as well...).

Also needs a special flywheel (patrick motorsports can hook you up with the right on) to provide the correct input needed for your engine management if using Motronic or other aftermarket standalone engine management system.

How does this sound to the seasoned veterans here, missing something?

What about axle shafts/CV joints to line the drive train tot he wheels?

Thanks in advance for your constructive comments.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/beer3.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th May 2024 - 02:09 PM