Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Some People Consider Me To Be a 914 Expert...., .....here's what I learned today. :)
Series9
post Aug 7 2019, 12:24 PM
Post #1

Lesbians taste like chicken.

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,602
Region Association: South East States

Header braces. Yes, those two pieces of metal that go from under the dash to the front of the header panel near the air intake.

Do you know how many cars I've had apart for paint? I don't, but quite a few. Apparently, I've never removed these braces before because I've never seen the need to do so.

Well, I'm about to install a fuel tank in a /6 that's being assembled here in my "914 specialty shop" and see that those pieces are missing. Okay, I'll go find them in the boxes of parts. Nope, not there. I have another original /6 here so I have a look. None on that car either.

Could it be original /6s didn't have them and I never noticed? A Google search for /6 trunk pictures confirms that they should be there, but I have none between two cars.

Okay, I'll pull a pair off a '74 I have here. No I won't. The late models are bolted at the top, but welded at the bottom.

Wow. I actually learned THAT today.

HELP! I need two pairs of early header braces. Please contact me. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sunglasses.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
rgalla9146
post Aug 13 2019, 03:16 PM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,176
Region Association: None

The supports allow small height adjustment of the cowl to insure proper
contact of the hood seal......also height match to the hood.
User is online!Profile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 08:50 AM