Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V < 1 2 3  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> 2.7 CIS, Another six conversion
John
post Oct 1 2019, 03:05 PM
Post #41

member? what's a member?

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,615
Region Association: None

That is certainly one way to go.

I already have what I have and will use the CIS. in my 74 914 body.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Justinp71
post Oct 1 2019, 05:48 PM
Post #42

Member No.: 2,922
Region Association: None

My uncle and I did a 2.7 install 15 years ago. We had an earlier CIS that had less components (not sure when they added more components, but I know the 3.0 version has more for sure). We just removed the engine lid latch afaik and secured it with hood pins. You can also rotate it 180 degrees as from what others have said. If you have a later model CIS there is a valve on the back side that interferes with the trunk and I believe you need to rotate the CIS or make other modifications.
+Quote Post
Dr Evil
post Oct 2 2019, 10:07 AM
Post #43

Send me your transmission!

Member No.: 1,372
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

QUOTE(Justinp71 @ Oct 1 2019, 07:48 PM) *

My uncle and I did a 2.7 install 15 years ago. We had an earlier CIS that had less components (not sure when they added more components, but I know the 3.0 version has more for sure). We just removed the engine lid latch afaik and secured it with hood pins. You can also rotate it 180 degrees as from what others have said. If you have a later model CIS there is a valve on the back side that interferes with the trunk and I believe you need to rotate the CIS or make other modifications.

I cut out the guide tube for the lid release cable...didnt have to, followed bad advice. See how it fits with your mount, and rotated fuel distributor and any slight mods will be simple. CIS is great once it id dialed in. I wanted to use what I had, and make a nice street car, not a super car, but a fun, well mannered, all around sports car and the CIS will do that.

I did not run a cooler on my 2.7 CIS and lived in PA and drove around the East coast states (briefly, until I wrecked in.... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif) ). I do plan on putting a cooler in the current one when its done for the sake of safety for the engine and potential hilly hot runs which I have not tried yet.
+Quote Post
914Toy
post Oct 2 2019, 12:43 PM
Post #44

Member No.: 21,596
Region Association: Southern California

QUOTE(stevesc_us @ Sep 28 2019, 07:21 AM) *

Forget all that CIS crap and make it look old school by converting to an EFI/ITB set up like I did on one of my early 911’s. The PMO ITB’s look just like carbs which is why I went that route.

SteveSC_US, Sent you a PM.
+Quote Post

3 Pages V < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 5th April 2020 - 02:52 AM