Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Tangerine Stainless Pushrod tubes, Anybody running with these?
Superhawk996
post Aug 17 2019, 03:58 PM
Post #1

914 Guru

Group: Members
Member No.: 22,428
Region Association: Galt's Gulch

Looking at the Tangerine Stainless Push Rod tubes.

Like the ideal of stainless and slightly improved clearance to exhaust, like the ring to help push/pull for install/removal. Also like the idea that stainless is a poor conductor of heat - maybe help prevent some heat transfer from exhaust pipes?

Any improvement in leak resistance? Gotta admit the stock pushrod tubes worked well for me in past but of course I always had weeping even with Viton.

Searches on this site and Google not turning up much information.

Wondering if anyone is running these? A bit pricey so looking for some sort of rationalization that it's worth the trip.
User is online!Profile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Mark Henry
post Aug 17 2019, 04:29 PM
Post #2

that's what I do!

Member No.: 26
Region Association: Canada

Installed customer purchased a set on a stockish engine, I felt money could be better spent elsewhere.

IIRC there's a set that's extra long which would be good for strokers running big cylinder base spacers and cleared to fit big header stubs, in these cases I can see it being worthwhile.

Biggest issue with stock tubes is they can rust out, not much of an issue with fair weather cars. BTW I repair dented tubes by pressing an old socket through them.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
+Quote Post
Superhawk996
post Aug 17 2019, 05:05 PM
Post #3

914 Guru

Member No.: 22,428
Region Association: Galt's Gulch

QUOTE(Mark Henry @ Aug 17 2019, 06:29 PM) *

BTW I repair dented tubes by pressing an old socket through them.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

And I thought I was cheap! I love it. I'm only disappointed I haven't done this on an old bug type 1 back in my college days!

Going to be a tough call. I really like the idea of stainless but I'm struggling. Everything I've bought from Tangerine has been top notch to date but agree it might be a stretch for a stock engine where I'm not adjusting tube length.

Some warped piece of me wants to polish em' and just have them under there . . . well, just because it would be cool.

User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
Mark Henry
post Aug 17 2019, 08:35 PM
Post #4

that's what I do!

Member No.: 26
Region Association: Canada

QUOTE(Superhawk996 @ Aug 17 2019, 07:05 PM) *

Some warped piece of me wants to polish em' and just have them under there . . . well, just because it would be cool.

If you drive your 914 it's all going to get hosed on the greasy side anyways. I don't paint or polish cases, but I powdercoat the tin.
Don't rattle can the tin, a tiny bit of gas or brake cleaner will ruin the finish, I powdercoat or use catalyzed paint. I can get parts blasted and powder coated for not much more than the material cost of paint.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 06:32 AM