Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Thermostat not working ?, Engine running hot
North Coast Jim
post Aug 18 2019, 03:11 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 19,450
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

Drove about 50 miles at ambient temps of 90 degrees. All flat terrain. Turnpike driving at 75 mph. Engine temp continued to rise approaching red zone. Slowed down and over time temps stabilized. Still high in my estimation. I only have the temp gauge in the console. The std gauge.

Took a picture of the thermostat cable and flap connection when I got back home. Reviewed it with a cold engine and compared. The flap control isn't moving. Looks like thermostat is not working as all other components work and are not bound up. This is a hard to find part. Any suggestions for where to go and purchase.

Lastly I've not yet got around to assembling the heat control in the car. I don't have the flaps on either side at the bottom of the blower housing. Neither do I have the lower heat shields installed. I do have the cylinder shields installed on the bottom. Do these components effect engine cooling ??

Appreciate any and all help. Want to get this fixed before Octeenerfest.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 4th May 2024 - 07:27 AM