Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Door Panel Card Differences, Early vs. Late Door panels
mxkinn01
post Aug 18 2019, 05:58 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 21,195
Region Association: Southwest Region

Hello All,
I just received my entire tan interior kit from World Upholstery (sorry 914Rubber, waited for almost a year for you to get the early tan).
Question. My 73 had molded door cards with no metal strip across the top (the smooth part on the top is molded press board), maybe from a later car. The door cards received from WU are for the ones with the metal strips on the top.

How is the metal strip attached to the boards?
And does anyone have an extra set they are willing to part with? Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Mikey914
post Aug 18 2019, 06:04 PM
Post #2

The rubber man

Member No.: 3,348
Region Association: None

Not a complete "kit" the metal tabs fold into the press board card. The metal also holds the dividing cardboard strip that makes the bottom of the bolster.

Good news is that we just finished running the new panels Friday and are starting to address the backlog.

+Quote Post
mxkinn01
post Aug 18 2019, 06:28 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 21,195
Region Association: Southwest Region

Agreed Mark. I guess someone change the door cards to the molded type sometime in its life. I'll try to locate some decent metal strips, refurbish and attach them before I reupholster. Kinda wish I had black interior (way easier to get) instead of tan, the tan has turned into quite a chore.
I really wanted to buy from you Mark, but I couldn't wait anymore. Scott and I talked about the tan for close to a year, sorry to hear about your troubles with your upholstery guys. I did get the carpet from you guys and it looks great, at least on my kitchen table.

On a side note thanks for doing another visor GB, I'll be waiting for your PM on when to send them in.

Mike
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 12:33 PM