Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Weber IDA Rich at WOT
Tbrown4x4
post Sep 11 2019, 07:07 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 17,338
Region Association: None

OK guys. I thought I had grasp on the air corrector jet function, but my wideband is confusing me. Everything seems to be within acceptable values (12.5 - 13.8 or so) in most drive cycles except WOT.

Example: Cruising 60 mph at 3200 RPM and floor it, AFR drops to 10.3 to 11.1 and stays there as long as my foot stays buried. Or, pulling a long hill in 5th with the pedal floored. Same numbers. Actually pulls cleanly with no audible pinging.

I always thought the air corrector jet was for high rpm mixture control, like cruising at 7000 rpm. The bubbles slow the fuel flow so you don't get progressively rich running at high air flows.

In my mind, from 3000 rpm with a WOT, the air flow isn't high enough to bring the air corrector into play until the engine revs catch up with your right foot.

Am I looking at this the wrong way? And would a larger air corrector lean out the WOT mixture?

BTW, I have 40 IDAs, 200 AC, 130 mains, 28mm vents, 50 (or 55) idles.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th May 2024 - 06:25 AM