Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> eBay vs BAT vs auction for selling a car?, thinking of selling my six again...
DickSteinkamp
post Sep 18 2019, 02:56 PM
Post #21

Group: Members
Member No.: 20,876
Region Association: None

QUOTE(JOEPROPER @ Sep 18 2019, 01:31 PM) *

For reference, a '75 2.0 didn't hit the reserve at high bid $29,500, so I guess you would be able to set your reserve wherever you want.

This from the BaT website...

A reserve is the minimum price that a vehicle will sell for. We work with sellers to set reasonable reserves, and avoid vehicles with reserves that are not realistic. Reserve values are not shown on the listing, nor do we announce when reserves have been met (we think that leads to bidding games).

FAQs

I had a Mercedes W114 that was not accepted by BaT due to the reserve I needed. I sold it on eBay.

BaT reserves are generally fairly low relative to the market. That way they are more confident the car will meet reserve and sell and that they will collect the 5% commission from the buyer

IMHO the reserve on that recent one on BaT was unrealistic (but so was the bidding). It was offered by a big time Corvette dealer and BaT may have been doing them a favor due to the 32 cars they have listed on BaT.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Gint
post Sep 18 2019, 02:58 PM
Post #22

Mike Ginter

Group: Admin
Member No.: 20
Region Association: Rocky Mountains

That car may get the top end on Bat. It seems to be hit or miss, but nice 6's seem to be doing well there. You can't lose by asking Bat about a reserve that meets your requirements.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th June 2024 - 04:42 AM