Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> inner CVs, Help
roadsportusa
post Sep 30 2019, 11:45 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 19,710
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

I am looking for two new early 911/914 inner CVs. Please advise on a good source.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
IronHillRestorations
post Sep 30 2019, 12:16 PM
Post #2

I. I. R. C.

Member No.: 439
Region Association: None

All 914-4 CV joints are the same, inner or outer. I have some NOS ones, but not cheap. PM sent
+Quote Post
GregAmy
post Sep 30 2019, 01:04 PM
Post #3

Advanced Member

Member No.: 15,565
Region Association: North East States

Probably a topic for the Garage...but how come these are so expensive? What's so unique about them? Has anyone tried easily adapting some other one for our cars?
+Quote Post
brant
post Sep 30 2019, 01:28 PM
Post #4

914 Wizard

Member No.: 47
Region Association: Rocky Mountains

QUOTE(GregAmy @ Sep 30 2019, 01:04 PM) *

Probably a topic for the Garage...but how come these are so expensive? What's so unique about them? Has anyone tried easily adapting some other one for our cars?

they are barely available... for awhile they were NLA, now I believe Porsche classic will sell you a brand new axle with two new joints for a large bucket of money

the bug CV is the same size
a few vendors will sell you a bug CV they have machined and modified to fit a 914
I bought 4 of these and stuck with the LUBRO brand in order to hope for reliability of a proper manufacturer...

I have to say all 4 of my new joints show significant wear in 2 seasons of use (a few hard track hours)

my opinion is that the current available bug CV's are not the same metal-urgy of the original... but I also know that I am using them hard in a demanding environment.

the other option is to go to a larger (heavier and somewhat expensive) CV conversion. The 944 CV's are the next step up in size (100mm) and 911's CV's are available even larger in 108mm. These conversions require expensive stub axles and other additional parts to make work. So you end up spending hundreds in the conversion process

+Quote Post
Mblizzard
post Oct 1 2019, 07:41 AM
Post #5

Advanced Member

Member No.: 15,438
Region Association: South East States

Hurts the wallet but as these are just going to get more expensive I opted to replace then with something a bit stronger.

Tarett

Attached Image

Think Renegade Hybirds does them as well.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 09:36 PM