Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Rattle in shifting mechanism
andreic
post Oct 9 2019, 08:12 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 19,479
Region Association: Upper MidWest

Hello,

I have a 1972 with the early (tail) shifter mechanism. The transmission shifts very well after I replaced all the bushings and adjusted the shifter.

However, in second, third, fourth, and fifth gears, as I accelerate through 1400 rpm there is a loud rattle that seems to come through the firewall. I believe it must be coming from the connection between the front shifter bar (the one that goes through the firewall) and the rear one. Both plastic balls at that connection were recently replaced in the shifting mechanism, but that part of the shifter still does not feel tight. The balls used were the black plastic ones supplied by Pelican.

Does anyone have any experience with these? Is there any other supplier of the plastic balls? If not, is there anything else I can do to eliminate the rattle there?

Thanks,
Andrei.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 12:09 AM