Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

12 Pages V « < 5 6 7 8 9 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> LE 50th Anniversary with parade laps at Mosport, Aug 2-4 2024, 914 Meet at Mosport with Parade Laps
Maltese Falcon
post Jan 13 2021, 04:44 PM
Post #121

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,755
Region Association: None

Hi John @14carrot , not sure about the Lüft shows and their schedules. Patrick Long, Jeff Zwart and Howie Idelson are the show's founders and they are the key people in arranging these shows. I (just like you) find out via media as far as dates & place . "Hopefully" they start right in with an East Coast/ USA show...as originally planned for North Carolina (IMG:style_emoticons/default/aktion035.gif)
Marty
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
14carrot
post Jan 16 2021, 10:12 PM
Post #122

Member No.: 6,599
Region Association: Canada

QUOTE(AFyrigos @ Jan 13 2021, 02:33 PM) *

Hello team... new member and just found out that there could be future events here in Mont-Tremblant !

Here are some pictures of my 914s (both Yellow 1974, 2.0l)... one running and one in project mode !

Hi Andreas (IMG:style_emoticons/default/welcome.png) those look like a pair of nice cars you've got there. I hope our friends in Quebec will post in to say hi. It would be great to do more events at Mont Tremblant.

Please stay tuned.
+Quote Post
14carrot
post Jan 16 2021, 10:34 PM
Post #123

Say hi to Tim and Damien.

Tim has this blue '73 and Damien is now the proud owner of this LE Bumblebee which his dad bought new.

Attached Image
Attached Image

The 914s continue to crawl out of the woodwork in Ontario.
+Quote Post
Garland
post Jan 24 2021, 01:22 PM
Post #124

Restoration Fanatic

Member No.: 1,535
Region Association: Upper MidWest

In case you missed it,
Daily Driver video is Fantastic.
I’m sure you will relate. The best yet to really capture the 914 experience. I loved it! Good emotion humor and honesty.
20 minutes, great with a beer.gif

“ feedback on the steering wheel is like a fire hose, i’ve got enough information can you turn it down a little bit please”

Link to 914 World video page
+Quote Post
Mark Henry
post Jan 24 2021, 01:56 PM
Post #125

that's what I do!

Member No.: 26

QUOTE(14carrot @ Jan 16 2021, 11:34 PM) *

Tim has this blue '73 and Damien is now the proud owner of this LE Bumblebee which his dad bought new.

Attached Image

Just today I put Damien's Bumble Bee on my lift with a sick engine. Letting her warm up, no reason to work on a frozen 914.
Ethan and I will give it an inspection tomorrow AM.
+Quote Post
14carrot
post Jan 25 2021, 09:04 PM
Post #126

QUOTE(Mark Henry @ Jan 24 2021, 11:56 AM) *

QUOTE(14carrot @ Jan 16 2021, 11:34 PM) *

Attached Image

Just today I put Damien's Bumble Bee on my lift with a sick engine. Letting her warm up, no reason to work on a frozen 914.
Ethan and I will give it an inspection tomorrow AM.

Glad to hear it is in good hands. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/first.gif)
+Quote Post
Katakto
post Mar 9 2021, 02:23 PM
Post #127

Member No.: 25,310

Hi everyone,

I got a referral from John Tipper to join the group. I have a 1970 914. It was pretty mangled when I got it, and far from original, but I am slowly restoring it to a decent shape. Rebuilt the transmission, upgraded the 1.7L to 2056cc, and have been working on smaller projects like suspension, etc.

Look forward to meeting everyone as the weather warms up. Car is currently on the road and the only thing that got me through COVID lockdown. Will post some pictures once I figure out how to setup a link or attach an image. Its giving me grief.

Cheers,
Brad
+Quote Post
Mark Henry
post Mar 10 2021, 08:42 AM
Post #128

that's what I do!

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/welcome.png)
+Quote Post
davep
post Mar 12 2021, 06:32 PM
Post #129

914 Historian

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 1,244

Welcome Brad. That must be a US import at one point; I am not sure of any70 or 71 models imported by VW Canada. Lots from 72 on though. Dave
+Quote Post
Katakto
post Mar 13 2021, 09:16 PM
Post #130

Member No.: 25,310

QUOTE(davep @ Mar 12 2021, 07:32 PM) *

Welcome Brad. That must be a US import at one point; I am not sure of any70 or 71 models imported by VW Canada. Lots from 72 on though. Dave

Yes, likely. The car spent a considerable amount of time in BC before being in Ontario, but don't know much more than that. Also has the rear defroster windows. Has a replacement engine (from a '72), and has all sorts of strange mods such as GT fiber glass fenders on the rear, but not front. I love my 914, but its clearly had many different owners with different visions.

Attached Image Attached Image

Question for the group - does anyone know who owns the red 914 that is often driven through Orangeville? Has the luggage rack on the back. Have spotted him multiple times, but am always in my Jeep and never at a stoplight.
+Quote Post
14carrot
post Apr 13 2021, 09:35 PM
Post #131

Attached Image
914 Anonymous

For everyone here subscribed to SIG914 Updates, please feel free to accept this invite to an all 914 WhatsApp group, 914 Anonymous: A support group for mid-engine madness.

Please pm or email me for the invite link. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)

914 Anonymous will probably be most appropriate for those of us living in Southern Ontario, but may also be germane to those in Quebec and the bordering States. All are welcome.

I hope you are enjoying your teeners and it will be great to have you come join the WhatsApp 914 Anonymous group. I'll continue to post any formal events here. 914World is the undisputed #1 914 website on the planet. The WhatsApp will be perfect for quick responses on tech issues, locating parts, local meetups and chat.

+Quote Post
14carrot
post Apr 14 2021, 06:01 AM
Post #132

QUOTE(14carrot @ Apr 13 2021, 07:35 PM) *

Attached Image
914 Anonymous

For everyone here subscribed to SIG914 Updates, please feel free to accept this invite to an all 914 WhatsApp group, 914 Anonymous: A support group for mid-engine madness.

Please pm or email me for the invite link. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)

914 Anonymous will probably be most appropriate for those of us living in Southern Ontario, but may also be germane to those in Quebec and the bordering States. All are welcome.

I hope you are enjoying your teeners and it will be great to have you come join the WhatsApp 914 Anonymous group. I'll continue to post any formal events here. 914World is the undisputed #1 914 website on the planet. The WhatsApp will be perfect for quick responses on tech issues, locating parts, local meetups and chat.

Do remember that when you join, you won't be able to see older posts, so it will take awhile for things to get rolling. When you join, please post a pic of your car and introduce yourself. Again, please email or PM me for the invite link. Thanks! - John
+Quote Post
Mark Henry
post Apr 14 2021, 06:50 AM
Post #133

that's what I do!

QUOTE(14carrot @ Apr 14 2021, 08:01 AM) *

Attached Image
914 Anonymous

Do remember that when you join, you won't be able to see older posts, so it will take awhile for things to get rolling. When you join, please post a pic of your car and introduce yourself. Again, please email or PM me for the invite link. Thanks! - John

Do you have a link? I can't find this in a search...or am I too old to whatsapp?
+Quote Post
14carrot
post Apr 14 2021, 07:37 AM
Post #134

QUOTE(Mark Henry @ Apr 14 2021, 04:50 AM) *

Attached Image
914 Anonymous

Do you have a link? I can't find this in a search...or am I too old to whatsapp?

Yeah, we're way too old. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/lol-2.gif)

I'm sending you the link by PM.

Now, back to the cave. Gotta get a fire started.
+Quote Post
Mark Henry
post Apr 14 2021, 07:57 AM
Post #135

that's what I do!

QUOTE(14carrot @ Apr 14 2021, 09:37 AM) *

Attached Image
914 Anonymous

After reading about whatsapp's privacy issues I think I'll pass.
+Quote Post
14carrot
post Apr 14 2021, 08:09 AM
Post #136

QUOTE(Mark Henry @ Apr 14 2021, 05:57 AM) *

QUOTE(14carrot @ Apr 14 2021, 09:37 AM) *

Attached Image
914 Anonymous

After reading about whatsapp's privacy issues I think I'll pass.

Attached Image

I don't think it's any different really than FB groups where you belong and post.
We will be there if you change your mind.

Hope to see you there (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)
+Quote Post
PatrickB
post Apr 17 2021, 03:23 PM
Post #137

Member No.: 20,960

Just got home with a one owner car, (green) about 65000 miles if the odometer is right. Sticker on the plate says it was last licensed in 1981. Back of the car says it's a 1.7 but I haven't checked the block for codes yet. Side shift transmission. No rust in the hell hole! Anyone up on VIN numbers?
+Quote Post
PatrickB
post Apr 17 2021, 03:27 PM
Post #138

Member No.: 20,960

QUOTE(PatrickB @ Apr 17 2021, 04:23 PM) *

Just got home with a one owner car, (green) about 65000 miles if the odometer is right. Sticker on the plate says it was last licensed in 1981. Back of the car says it's a 1.7 but I haven't checked the block for codes yet. Side shift transmission. No rust in the hell hole! Anyone up on VIN numbers? 4732900436.

Sorry had to do that. It was headed for a scrap bin tomorrow and I couldn't let that happen. Too many parts. No rust in the hell hole because there's nothing there!! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

Duct tape and 2 x 4's maybe? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/evilgrin.gif) Attached Image
+Quote Post
14carrot
post Apr 17 2021, 03:29 PM
Post #139

QUOTE(PatrickB @ Apr 17 2021, 01:27 PM) *

QUOTE(PatrickB @ Apr 17 2021, 04:23 PM) *

Just got home with a one owner car, (green) about 65000 miles if the odometer is right. Sticker on the plate says it was last licensed in 1981. Back of the car says it's a 1.7 but I haven't checked the block for codes yet. Side shift transmission. No rust in the hell hole! Anyone up on VIN numbers? 4732900436.

Sorry had to do that. It was headed for a scrap bin tomorrow and I couldn't let that happen. Too many parts.

Duct tape and 2 x 4's maybe? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/evilgrin.gif) Attached Image

You &^*&^!!
I read the text excitedly and then saw the pic.
You got me!
If you don't have a home for the Fuchs I'm interested;)
+Quote Post
14carrot
post Apr 17 2021, 03:34 PM
Post #140

PS, no need to check VIN. It already tells you that it is a '73, which you already knew as it is the only year for 1.7 and sideshift.

I could be interested in the entire drivetrain if the engine turns.

What a shame. Willow green is one of my most absolute favourite colours. Ahhh, so white originally? Good windshield? Looking for an original. Surprising that there could be a ton of good parts on there.

Looks like a pretty light restoration for a Canadian car. Did I see this previously advertised at Beverly Hills Car Club?
+Quote Post

12 Pages V « < 5 6 7 8 9 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 11:14 PM