Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

12 Pages V « < 7 8 9 10 11 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> PCA UCR Shift Into Spring open house Sunday May 5, 427 Auto Collision
14carrot
post Jul 5 2021, 12:33 PM
Post #161

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,599
Region Association: Canada

QUOTE(gvlb914 @ Jul 4 2021, 06:11 PM) *

Hi, finally have mine back from being at Mike's 914s for quite sometime.
I'm looking for a 914 mechanic in the Kitchener-Waterloo area to help with a situation where the car experiences a total loss of power while driving in 'hot' weather. Ran fine in the spring, however now that the weather has heated up, she stalls out totally? After a short wait she will run again, but has stalled out before I make it back to my driveway. Can anyone here recommend a 914 mechanic in the Kitchener area?
Here is my '72 1.7. (My second 914, my first one came out of Crosby Volkswagen in March 1972, which was destroyed on the 401 after approx 22k miles of great driving. I had been trying to replace for quite some time when I found this one at Mike's in 2018, it was a very dark green at that point. Thanks for looking, and any help will be appreciated.
Gary V - gvlb914

Hi Gary. Not sure if we've talked before or not. Your car is looking sharp. Is this the car with the interesting speedometer face? Is the car carbureted? Sounds like vapour lock. If carbed, make sure your fuel lines are well isolated from engine heat. My white car used to do the same thing and simply raising the lines up a few inches did the trick. Please also be invited to our Whatsapp group. Please email me to be added. Also, if you are PCA, please lmk on that too, so I can ensure that you are notified of 914 member events.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
gvlb914
post Jul 5 2021, 08:19 PM
Post #162

Member No.: 22,327

QUOTE(14carrot @ Jul 5 2021, 12:33 PM) *

QUOTE(gvlb914 @ Jul 4 2021, 06:11 PM) *

Hi, finally have mine back from being at Mike's 914s for quite sometime.
I'm looking for a 914 mechanic in the Kitchener-Waterloo area to help with a situation where the car experiences a total loss of power while driving in 'hot' weather. Ran fine in the spring, however now that the weather has heated up, she stalls out totally? After a short wait she will run again, but has stalled out before I make it back to my driveway. Can anyone here recommend a 914 mechanic in the Kitchener area?
Here is my '72 1.7. (My second 914, my first one came out of Crosby Volkswagen in March 1972, which was destroyed on the 401 after approx 22k miles of great driving. I had been trying to replace for quite some time when I found this one at Mike's in 2018, it was a very dark green at that point. Thanks for looking, and any help will be appreciated.
Gary V - gvlb914

Hi Gary. Not sure if we've talked before or not. Your car is looking sharp. Is this the car with the interesting speedometer face? Is the car carbureted? Sounds like vapour lock. If carbed, make sure your fuel lines are well isolated from engine heat. My white car used to do the same thing and simply raising the lines up a few inches did the trick. Please also be invited to our Whatsapp group. Please email me to be added. Also, if you are PCA, please lmk on that too, so I can ensure that you are notified of 914 member events.

Hello John.

I don't think we have met. The car still has it's FI intact. We thought of vapour lock as well, however, my stalling occurs during a drive, especially in real warm weather like we have been having for the past month or so. My regular car mechanic has been very busy during this lock down, and I haven't been able to get the car into his shop until he has a free hoist. Hopefully next week .... fingers crossed. Dr914 - George - suggests we start with the head temp sensor .... and go from there. I'm not a PCA member as of yet, but I will send you an email to join your Whatapp group. Thanks for your input and hopefully I can relay better news next week. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif)
+Quote Post
gvlb914
post Jul 8 2021, 07:35 PM
Post #163

QUOTE(Mark Henry @ Jul 5 2021, 10:29 AM) *

Call Randy at Whaletail, if he doesn't work on the 914/T4 he should know of a local shop that does.

https://whaletailcanada.com/contact.html

Thanks Mark.
I have made contact with Randy, and he is sending me some information. I was at his place for the 2019 'meet' that he held on his property. Hopefully he can help me out.
Cheers.
gvlb914
+Quote Post
gvlb914
post Aug 4 2021, 08:46 AM
Post #164

Thank you to all for their timely advise ... Mihai914, Dr914, John, and Mark.

(Space and time finally became available at my local mechanics shop, a former car racer, Shawn Arnott at Automotive Truck & Tire and special thanks are sent his way)

After we changed the cylinder head temperature sensor (and fuel filter) the car has been running fine without any sudden loss of power/stalling while cruising. Been doing just fairly short local runs lasting about an hour for the past week ... so far so good.

Looking forward to some fun summer drives. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif)

Thanks again 914 world.... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/aktion035.gif)

Gary V - New Hamburg, ON. gvlb914
+Quote Post
14carrot
post Aug 18 2021, 06:06 PM
Post #165

QUOTE(gvlb914 @ Aug 4 2021, 06:46 AM) *

Thank you to all for their timely advise ... Mihai914, Dr914, John, and Mark.

(Space and time finally became available at my local mechanics shop, a former car racer, Shawn Arnott at Automotive Truck & Tire and special thanks are sent his way)

After we changed the cylinder head temperature sensor (and fuel filter) the car has been running fine without any sudden loss of power/stalling while cruising. Been doing just fairly short local runs lasting about an hour for the past week ... so far so good.

Looking forward to some fun summer drives. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif)

Thanks again 914 world.... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/aktion035.gif)

Gary V - New Hamburg, ON. gvlb914

Great to hear Gary. I didn't realize it, but guess that I was just in your backyard in Wellesley today. With you in New Hamburg and myself in Scotland, we'll have to get together with Dave (Slyder) sometime. Dave is in Drumbo. We should all put our town/city in our signatures to know who is where.
+Quote Post
14carrot
post Aug 18 2021, 06:16 PM
Post #166

Thanks to member George K for the winning entry in the PCAUCR logo contest. New logo based on George's ideas looks great - but of course it would've been a little better as a 914 profile (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) If you're PCA you should've received the new logo in vinyl cling for your window and a new pin.

Attached Image
+Quote Post
14carrot
post Aug 18 2021, 06:51 PM
Post #167

Please register now for the UCR Concours

Saturday September 4th, Niagara Falls

Attached Image

The day is free for all PCA UCR members and includes a Porsche goodie bag.

All 914s are invited to register and display. Cars needn't be trailer queens. Bring your driver!

REGISTRATION IS LIMITED TO 150 CARS and filling up fast so please register now.

Here's the link: PCA UCR Concours Info

Please join the 914s registered so far:

David C 1973 914 1.7
George K 1974 914 1.8
John T 1973 914 2.0

The show goes from 9am-2pm, and if there's interest, perhaps we'll do a short cruise afterwards.
+Quote Post
14carrot
post Aug 19 2021, 10:50 PM
Post #168

2 more important dates for September!!!
Get out and drive!

In addition to the Saturday September 4 PCA UCR Concours, please mark your calendar for the following P-car events:

Saturday September 18th, Randy's Whaletail Canada Show and Swap Meet
Randy usually offers a BBQ with donations to a chosen charity. More info here: Whaletail Canada

Saturday September 25th, Restoration Design's annual Open House and Swap
(please check website closer to the date for latest COVID protocols).
Attached Image
Pete and the gang always put on a great day. Come support the family that supports keeping our cars alive! Always a fascinating behind the scenes look at 3D scanning, laser cutting, the manufacture of dies and the stamping of parts in the huge presses. Check out the Speedster body-in-white, Mike's 356 and Speedster, Alex's 911, and Pete's flared 914.
Always lots of great P-cars to view.
Visit RD at Restoration Design
+Quote Post
14carrot
post Aug 19 2021, 11:13 PM
Post #169

Canada says farewell to Magnus.

Well, sort of.

The 914 faithful in the Great White North say goodbye to "Cranky".

Attached Image

Owner Jarod, recently sold this outlaw 914 with a Magnus Walker connection on BAT and it is heading stateside again.

Dave (Slyder) and I, had the pleasure of chasing this little beastie in a fun run last November (pic on first page) and we can tell you it really moves out.

Jarod recently gave me the pleasure of taking Cranky out for a spin. I must say, the vintage FAT 2.4 build is a potent recipe. Maybe a little too raw for some, but I happen to like Rice Krispies and enjoyed all the Snaps, Crackles and Pops from this little carbureted monster. The torque, said to be approaching 200 ft lbs, was delicious.

I'm sure we haven't seen the last of Cranky. You can see more about the car on Instagram here "Cranky"
+Quote Post
14carrot
post Aug 31 2021, 10:13 AM
Post #170

QUOTE(14carrot @ Aug 18 2021, 04:51 PM) *

Please register now for the UCR Concours

Saturday September 4th, Niagara Falls

Attached Image

The day is free for all PCA UCR members and includes a Porsche goodie bag.

All 914s are invited to register and display. Cars needn't be trailer queens. Bring your driver!

REGISTRATION IS LIMITED TO 150 CARS and filling up fast so please register now.

Here's the link: PCA UCR Concours Info

Please join the 914s registered so far:

David C 1973 914 1.7
George K 1974 914 1.8
John T 1973 914 2.0

The show goes from 9am-2pm, and if there's interest, perhaps we'll do a short cruise afterwards.

***August 31 Update***
Due to some cancellations spots are opening up for the UCR Concours on Saturday. We need more vintage Porsches and more 914s. If you can come claim your spot now and we'll see you Saturday. Of course you don't have to register to attend we just like to see more 914s on display and remember, cars needn't be show cars.
+Quote Post
14carrot
post Sep 9 2021, 10:06 PM
Post #171

Just two 914s the UCR Concours. The 914s seemed to generate a lot of interest. Darren's yellow 1974 1.8 is a highly original survivor that was a pleasure to see. Great chatting with so many 914 people including catching up with Walter and meeting Gord for the first time.

Everyone is invited to Porsche of London for a Cars and coffee at 9:00 a.m. on Saturday. George K is planning on being there with this his 1974 1.8. You'll notice that he recently removed the sail panel vinyl. Should be a good turnout of the Porsche faithful.
Attached Image

+Quote Post
14carrot
post Sep 28 2021, 03:51 PM
Post #172

Here's one for @JeffBowlsby
Porsche parts sticker on the LE spoiler going to TonyA's Creamsicle.
Nice to see the spoiler going to a good guy with a good car. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/flag.gif)
Funny thing is, I promised it to him before getting my Bumblebee, which needs one, so I'm back in the market for one.
If anyone has one available, please PM me. Project spoiler needing repairs is fine.

Anyone interested in joining Tony and I for Perch in Port Dover Wednesday night lmk. We'll be hanging out at a cottage there. Maybe we can do 914s on the pier and have a little scoot. Room to crash at the cottage too if you don't mind leaving by 7:00 for breakfast at the Dover Dairy bar Thursday morning.

Attached Image

Attached Image
+Quote Post
14carrot
post Sep 28 2021, 04:00 PM
Post #173

Overdue thanks to our hosts at Restoration Design for a great Open House event last Saturday. Mark Henry showed up and brought along both the AMC and AA heads he is now selling. Always good to reconnect with the 914 faithful. Thanks Pete Alex and Mike for another great day.

Attached Image
Attached Image
+Quote Post
gvlb914
post Sep 29 2021, 08:24 PM
Post #174

Hello:
There was a cruze this evening in Innerkip, ON with over a hundred
cars and trucks. Very good attendance. This is about 25km from our home
in New Hamburg.

Finally got my 914 running again, making it possible to attend with
three local Ford owners - family and friends!

A great way to spend a beautiful fall evening with fellow car guys/gals.

Only Porsche in attendance.

Attached Image
+Quote Post
14carrot
post Oct 2 2021, 06:57 PM
Post #175

QUOTE(gvlb914 @ Sep 29 2021, 06:24 PM) *

Hello:
There was a cruze this evening in Innerkip, ON with over a hundred
cars and trucks. Very good attendance. This is about 25km from our home
in New Hamburg.

Finally got my 914 running again, making it possible to attend with
three local Ford owners - family and friends!

A great way to spend a beautiful fall evening with fellow car guys/gals.

Only Porsche in attendance.

Attached Image

Hey Gord, looking sharp! Glad to hear you're back in action.
+Quote Post
14carrot
post Oct 9 2021, 09:45 PM
Post #176

Attached Image
Calling all 914s to the
PCAUCR/BMW Trillium Autocross
Sunday October 17, 8:00am
Click the links below for more info and to register for $40.
Must be PCA UCR member or other CASC affiliate member.
Just a few spots left.
Spectator 914s (including non-members) are welcome by signing a waiver.
Come see what it is all about and check out the fun.
Lunch run afterwards???
UCR Autocross
More info at BMW Trillium website
Also, please email me (not PM) for the link to our WhatsApp group.
John (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving-girl.gif)
+Quote Post
14carrot
post Oct 16 2021, 10:39 AM
Post #177

I just got a reply from BMW autocross rep Randy Sparre who advises helmet MUST BE LABELLED SNELL2015 or SNELL2020 certified. Contrary to event information posted, he says loaner helmets should be available. Those I've talked to here are not interested in going in wet conditions, so I guess we won't be meeting up there afterall. If you are going for sure, please let us know.
+Quote Post
14carrot
post Oct 16 2021, 02:19 PM
Post #178

Cars and Coffee at Porsche of London tomorrow morning, Sunday October 17th - thanks Jarod!

Showroom is looking good.

Attached Image

Rain or shine event.
+Quote Post
14carrot
post Oct 19 2021, 10:42 PM
Post #179

Just received this cool pic from Bob Bailey. He and his son just returned from the Going to the Sun rally in Montana, having put over 1000 miles on Bob's fine replica of the car he, Jacques Duval and George Nicholas piloted to class victory at Daytona in 1971. 50th Anniversary this year!!! Way to go Bob! A real 914 hero (IMG:style_emoticons/default/first.gif)

Attached ImageAttached Image
+Quote Post
14carrot
post Dec 31 2021, 10:11 PM
Post #180

Happy New Year everyone!!!

Just a reminder that registration for the 2022 PCA UCR Introductory Driver Safety and Driver Education track weekends opens at midnight tonight and will book up quickly. You must create an account at reg.pcaucr.org before being able to register.
+Quote Post

12 Pages V « < 7 8 9 10 11 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 7th May 2024 - 10:18 PM