Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

12 Pages V « < 2 3 4 5 6 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> LE 50th Anniversary with parade laps at Mosport, Aug 2-4 2024, 914 Meet at Mosport with Parade Laps
14carrot
post Feb 19 2020, 08:51 PM
Post #61

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,599
Region Association: Canada

Hey Tony. Very small world indeed.
Regarding Hershey, we'll have to keep in touch through email.
I'd love to make it to the 914 gathering on Friday, but I typically am not rolling in until midnight. We'll see how that goes and plan to meet up there for sure!

Who else is going??
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
14carrot
post Feb 19 2020, 08:54 PM
Post #62

OMG, first the Duval car, now the Sonauto car!!! The most important 914-6 GT cars on the planet continue to change hands. Congratulations Marty & Matthew! Check this out:
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...343307&st=0
Attached Image
+Quote Post
mobymutt
post Feb 19 2020, 10:35 PM
Post #63

Member No.: 16,770

QUOTE(14carrot @ Feb 17 2020, 09:52 AM) *

Anyone interested in going to the Hershey Swap, April 18
And/or
Luftgekuhlt 7 in Durham NC May 29-31? (Show is on the 31st).
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif)

I've been thinking about going to Hershey for a few years, but haven't made it yet. Let me know if there's any carpooling happening.
+Quote Post
14carrot
post Mar 30 2020, 01:12 PM
Post #64

Way too quiet out there.
Thankful to have my little escape pod to get me out and keep me sane.
This is the first year I've ever had the car out in March and it turns out to have been a good call.
Gord, I see you posted your 914-6 on FB about awaiting spring. I hope clear roads are coming your way soon!
Looking ahead tentatively, how many out there would consider forming a 914 corral at the 2020 VARAC Vintage Grand Prix at Mosport on Father's Day, Sunday June 21st? The cost of admission is reasonable, and camping is free. I'm looking at going Friday night through to the Field of Dreams car show and 3 lap parade of the Mosport Grand Prix circuit on Sunday. Event organizers are happy to give us our own space at the show. Here's the link: https://varac.ca/2020-varac-vintage-grand-prix/
Attached Image

+Quote Post
14carrot
post Apr 2 2020, 10:36 AM
Post #65

Hey guys - where are you? Don't forget to track our topic in OPTIONS at the top of this thread so you get the updates.

For any that have been craving a Northeast Ramble type event, be sure to see this amazing gathering being organized by Big Len:

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?act...=2&t=343706

I desperately want to go but currently have a track weekend booked. With things as they are whose to say how schedules could change, so if things do change and work out, I will certainly be going!

Attached Image
+Quote Post
PatrickB
post Apr 2 2020, 10:54 AM
Post #66

Member No.: 20,960

QUOTE(14carrot @ Apr 2 2020, 12:36 PM) *

Hey guys - where are you? Don't forget to track our topic in OPTIONS at the top of this thread so you get the updates.

For any that have been craving a Northeast Ramble type event, be sure to see this amazing gathering being organized by Big Len:

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?act...=2&t=343706

I desperately want to go but currently have a track weekend booked. With things as they are whose to say how schedules could change, so if things do change and work out, I will certainly be going!

Attached Image

Watching the thread.... HOPING things get freed up by this summer. WOSCA last night decided to cancel their first autocross of the year booked for May 3rd. Two weeks later not looming geeat either...
+Quote Post
slyder
post Apr 2 2020, 11:21 AM
Post #67

Member No.: 2,724

I'm waiting and watching as well.
Our first couple of competition Enduro's with the dirt bikes are cancelled. That takes us into June and from what I'm hearing we may be looking at July before things start to look semi normal again.
On a positive note I got the teener out today and looking forward to a little self isolation cruising.
Stay safe to all
+Quote Post
14carrot
post Apr 2 2020, 12:45 PM
Post #68

Good to hear from both of you. Scary state of affairs. Enjoy your cruise Dave! Patrick, I get the sense that sooner or later I'll be seeing you on the news after you crack and are arrested for setting up your own cone course at Walmart. Hang in there! I do want to check out your car in action at a WOSCA event once they get rolling, so please send us an invite to spectate here!
+Quote Post
PatrickB
post Apr 2 2020, 01:28 PM
Post #69

QUOTE(14carrot @ Apr 2 2020, 02:45 PM) *

Good to hear from both of you. Scary state of affairs. Enjoy your cruise Dave! Patrick, I get the sense that sooner or later I'll be seeing you on the news after you crack and are arrested for setting up your own cone course at Walmart. Hang in there! I do want to check out your car in action at a WOSCA event once they get rolling, so please send us an invite to spectate here!

Will do... this year's events are a the Centralia Airport north of London. Here' hoping.... meantime I've found things to do... some work on the car today since I'm self isolating after going south!
+Quote Post
14carrot
post Apr 2 2020, 10:11 PM
Post #70

Those of you that know Patrick, already know he runs a diesel. Follow his wild and wonderful tinkering here:

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...1391&st=120

Attached Image
+Quote Post
14carrot
post Apr 10 2020, 10:00 PM
Post #71

NOTICE

Anyone looking for a 1.7 engine and tailshift trans?
There's a gentleman in Bradford who has two 1.7 engines and 2 tailshift trans.
History unknown so consider them cores.
He's looking for fair offers.
Currently advertised on Kijiji.
https://www.kijiji.ca/v-view-details.html?adId=1495668000

If responding, let him know you saw this here, so he knows you're a 914 enthusiast.

Attached Image
Attached Image
+Quote Post
14carrot
post May 29 2020, 10:26 AM
Post #72

In case you didn't see his post, we have a new SIG914 member! Please say hello to Gary.

Gary's 911ST tribute is fantastic and I'm sure his 914 is a nice one!

Really looking forward to bringing us all good news of the 24 Minutes of Le Mans scheduled for August 2nd!

Fingers crossed on that! Also hoping the border will open up to allow all our US friends to come up to Mosport for parade laps to celebrate the 50th anniversary! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/flag.gif)
Looking forward to welcoming All PCA members. If you've never seen it, check out the link in the first post to see last year's gathering and parade laps.

T-shirts should be wicked cool if this is a go.
+Quote Post
gturner008
post May 30 2020, 06:02 AM
Post #73

Member No.: 24,163

Thanks. Very pleased to join the group.

Looking forward to meeting up when we are allowed.

Stay safe

Gary
+Quote Post
TonyA
post May 30 2020, 01:47 PM
Post #74

Nachmal

Member No.: 20,596
Region Association: North East States

Welcome Gary from down under....Canada
+Quote Post
PatrickB
post May 31 2020, 03:40 AM
Post #75

Any word yet on whether or not we'll be able to go on Aug 2? Lots of stuff cancelled. Under the current rules we're going to autocross June 7, limited to 50 people and no spectators. Masks when out of the cars etc.
+Quote Post
14carrot
post May 31 2020, 10:03 AM
Post #76

QUOTE(PatrickB @ May 31 2020, 01:40 AM) *

Any word yet on whether or not we'll be able to go on Aug 2? Lots of stuff cancelled. Under the current rules we're going to autocross June 7, limited to 50 people and no spectators. Masks when out of the cars etc.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif) Hi Patrick, wish I could tell you more. All I can say is that I'm advocating for making it an event with online club registration required for parade laps in the hopes that we'll be considered participants, not spectators. It may be a case that only participating vehicles will be allowed in and that 50 cars from various SIG groups will be the limit. We probably have some flexibility on where we are depending on numbers. There's last year's spot by the winner's podium, a nice green space by the event centre right across the pedestrian bridge at the starting line and various green spaces around the track. That we can work out. I'll post any developments here. I know we're all very much looking forward to this and will do my utmost to make it happen!!! At the same time, I will accept and support the club's decision to not allow it if they feel our participation presents a safety concern.
+Quote Post
14carrot
post Jun 7 2020, 05:55 PM
Post #77

CANCELLED
Sorry to announce that the 24 Minutes of Le Mans event planned for Mosport August 2 and the PCA club race that weekend is cancelled.
C (IMG:style_emoticons/default/blink.gif) VID
+Quote Post
14carrot
post Jun 27 2020, 06:55 AM
Post #78

Porsche Parade July 9th.

Hi everyone! Please lmk here or by personal email (better than PM for me) if you are interested in participating in this Classic Porsche Parade of 4 senior residences in the GTA region.

Attached is the concept in its present form. More details to follow as numbers become known.

Attached Image Attached Image
+Quote Post
gord
post Jun 30 2020, 07:06 AM
Post #79

Member No.: 24,334

Hi everyone!

On John's invitation, I'm introducing myself and my recently purchased 1972 914 to the group.

Attached Image

At some point in its life, the engine was swapped to a 2.0 (it looks like this might have been relatively recently), and the body repainted to a silver/metallic grey. The underside is surprisingly free of rust (though obviously not rust-free), but there are lot of body issues going on, with the repaint cracking, lifting and bubbling in multiple places. The previous owner had it for under a year, and decided to sell it after discovering how much a professional repaint would cost.

So far my plan is to address the immediate drivability issues (primarily the front/rear suspension and the shifter bushings) this summer, and then think about doing a full disassembly/restoration next year.

Would love to hear everyone's opinion about how to handle the fuel lines... they will need to be addressed in the not-so-distant future, and I gather there are arguments for and against replacing the plastic tubes (and hoses?) with stainless.

The car appears to have been local to the GTA at least since 1973, so if anyone recognizes it, I would love to hear anything about its history!

Gord
+Quote Post
davep
post Jun 30 2020, 08:02 AM
Post #80

914 Historian

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 1,244

Please list the VIN and other data in your profile.
+Quote Post

12 Pages V « < 2 3 4 5 6 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 3rd May 2024 - 08:04 AM