Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> A Few Transaxle Issues, pre-use..
Literati914
post Nov 2 2019, 11:16 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,222
Region Association: Southwest Region

Decided to wire-wheel my transaxle today which is not installed.. the rear part of the shift rod is still attached to it though (just as I bought it).

My first issue is that the shift rod is stuck in the steel 'cup piece' at the transaxle. There doesn't seem to be a set screw that's holding the rod in place (is it possible to be so deep in there that it seems to be gone? I doubt that, but..). Anyway, I lubed all the pieces up w/WD40 and used a 3lb hammer and a drift punch to try and move the rod from the rear, it didn't budge. I didn't get too violent with it as I didn't want to mess up the rod that goes into the case. Any trick to this?

Also, the side shift console itself is loose slightly.. so maybe someone before me decided to try and get the whole thing off instead of just the rod, and didn't tighten it all bak up? Is this a method that might help without damaging internals?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd May 2024 - 11:26 AM