Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Why hasn't anybody made.......
914bub
post Nov 7 2019, 08:29 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 16,260
Region Association: None

I was wondering why nobody has produced a stainless heat exchanger "kit" for 914's? I don't mean stainless heat exchangers like the ones that pop up now and then that were made in the past. I mean a kit that would use a separate upper and lower plate that would be held together with "cheese head" screws like the other heater system tin for 914's. Since it seems like a lot of the stock non-stainless metal ones are rusting away it would make it so anybody could cut off their old metal, bolt-on the new stainless halves and be set for life. I'm sure the pipes occasionally rust away but I've seen very few that had messed up exhaust pipes. Seems like it's usually the outers that are wasting away.

I'm also curious who made the stainless ones, how long ago and for how long? I'm sure the initial cost of tooling wouldn't be cheap but it seems like with all the messed-up ones floating around somebody could sell tons of them. They'd be a lot cheaper to ship than a complete heat exchanger as well.

@Mikey914 ? Maybe?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
Mikey914
post Nov 7 2019, 08:43 PM
Post #2

The rubber man

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,348
Region Association: None

Actually, yes we have been on this for some time. The tooling is a little spendy, I'd look for these to be available end of January. I prefer to have the poo arts in the final stage before we open up the GB.
Yes, and if all goes as plamned these will be quite reasonable.

But this wasn't the big announcement. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)
But it is of that caliber.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 04:25 AM