Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V < 1 2 3  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> PCA.....JOIN ?, 1974 914 1.8
ClayPerrine
post Nov 19 2019, 12:53 PM
Post #41

Life's been good to me so far.....

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1,143
Region Association: NineFourteenerVille

QUOTE(Rob-O @ Nov 19 2019, 09:02 AM) *

QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ Nov 16 2019, 06:54 AM) *

QUOTE(Ansbacher @ Nov 14 2019, 08:40 PM) *

Have been a member on and off since 1999. PCA is divided into a few distinct groups of people and they do not mesh very well:

The Racers and or Autocrossers - Very obsessed.
The Officers- Who want to run everything.
The Socializers- For parties and outings only (I'm in this group).
The Snobs- Need I say more.
The New Owners- Only there because the dealership gave them a membership.
The Rich- A new Porsche every year.
The Richer - Two new Porsches every year.
The 914 Owners - Most exclusive (I'm in this group too) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/evilgrin.gif)

That said, I have met some great and generous people in PCA over the years and I value their friendship.

Ansbacher

Betty and I fit into 2 of the groups. AXers, and 914 owners.

And you forgot a couple.

The Social Climbers. They want to be part of the snobs and the rich/richer, but can't really afford it. So they spend all their time kissing up to the people in those groups.

The Posers. They buy the cheapest 911 they can and pretend to be part of the Snobs. But they are always making excuses why their car is not running.

All in all, PCA is a broad organization, there is something there for everyone.

Don't let Clay fool you. He is in the Snob/Rich group too! Between he and Betty they own THREE 914's! The latest one is a -6 for cryin' out loud!

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/poke.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/lol-2.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif)

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/finger.gif) Dude... I can't be a Snob, I own 914s, not a 911 or a 356. To quote Rusty "I can't be an elitist, I drive a 914!"
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
billh1963
post Nov 19 2019, 01:13 PM
Post #42

Car Hoarder!

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,871
Region Association: South East States

QUOTE(Tom_T @ Nov 19 2019, 01:27 PM) *

I compare PCA with BMW CCA because I've been in both, but others can probably draw parallels to other car clubs as well. As car clubs go, I think that PCA is a great bargain for what you get, & you can use them as much or as little as suits you.

Cheers! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
Tom
///////

I've always found the ties (perceived or otherwise) between BMW and Porsche interesting. Having owned three BMW's (1994 540, 1998 328 conv, and a 2002 530) over the years, they were always just "appliances" to me. I personally felt the couple of Audi's I owned were FAR better driving cars than the BMWs.

The Roundel was a good magazine. But, I really didn't care about the content. BMW's are just cars to me...I have no passion for them. Porsche's, however, are a passion. I find Panorama interesting (until they start drooling over the latest hybrid Mr. Fusion turbo encapsulator powered Cayenne...yawn).

Unfortunately, as I get older, I realize I am getting left behind. I don't care about Porsche SUV's, all EV's, etc. I like air cooled engines, gasoline and being in control of my car.'s systems. Yes, I'm a caveman. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif)

For now, PCA does a good job of serving those who think like me. But, it won't be too much longer and the shift will occur where the focus will be on those who don't know how to drive a manual, want a self driving car to take them to work, and think air cooled engines belong in airplanes or lawnmowers. Until then, I'll stay a member of PCA.
+Quote Post
RickS
post Nov 19 2019, 08:42 PM
Post #43

Member No.: 5,880
Region Association: None

Well said Bill. Very well said.
+Quote Post
preach
post Nov 19 2019, 09:16 PM
Post #44

Ridge Runner

Member No.: 11,513
Region Association: North East States

I have been a member for 6+ years.

I like Panorama but I really don't read it much.

My biggest endorsement of the club is the San Diego Region and the Allegheny Region.

My Region is pretty spread apart and coupled with home duties I cannot attend much.

When I am on the road for work or vacation I find PCA events and try to attend.

Both of those listed above, and I am sure many others would, greeted me and took me in as the guy from far away where it is cold.

You get all kinds of people, none of them bad, just might be different from you.

I will say that the 914 folk in PCA are the most down to earth.
+Quote Post
Rob-O
post Nov 19 2019, 10:02 PM
Post #45

Member No.: 1,419
Region Association: Southwest Region

QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ Nov 19 2019, 10:53 AM) *

QUOTE(Rob-O @ Nov 19 2019, 09:02 AM) *

QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ Nov 16 2019, 06:54 AM) *

QUOTE(Ansbacher @ Nov 14 2019, 08:40 PM) *

Have been a member on and off since 1999. PCA is divided into a few distinct groups of people and they do not mesh very well:

The Racers and or Autocrossers - Very obsessed.
The Officers- Who want to run everything.
The Socializers- For parties and outings only (I'm in this group).
The Snobs- Need I say more.
The New Owners- Only there because the dealership gave them a membership.
The Rich- A new Porsche every year.
The Richer - Two new Porsches every year.
The 914 Owners - Most exclusive (I'm in this group too) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/evilgrin.gif)

That said, I have met some great and generous people in PCA over the years and I value their friendship.

Ansbacher

Betty and I fit into 2 of the groups. AXers, and 914 owners.

And you forgot a couple.

The Social Climbers. They want to be part of the snobs and the rich/richer, but can't really afford it. So they spend all their time kissing up to the people in those groups.

The Posers. They buy the cheapest 911 they can and pretend to be part of the Snobs. But they are always making excuses why their car is not running.

All in all, PCA is a broad organization, there is something there for everyone.

Don't let Clay fool you. He is in the Snob/Rich group too! Between he and Betty they own THREE 914's! The latest one is a -6 for cryin' out loud!

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/poke.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/lol-2.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif)

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/finger.gif) Dude... I can't be a Snob, I own 914s, not a 911 or a 356. To quote Rusty "I can't be an elitist, I drive a 914!"

I rest my case... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/yappin.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)
+Quote Post

3 Pages V < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 5th May 2024 - 05:40 PM