Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

4 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> COTM?
914_teener
post Nov 20 2019, 02:06 PM
Post #41

914 Guru

Group: Members
Member No.: 9,489
Region Association: Southern California

How bout this....from R list:

A 996 with an RSR "chalon" fiberglass kit.

I quess its not fugly enough but you'd never know it's the venerable fugly 996

Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Andyrew
post Nov 20 2019, 04:59 PM
Post #42

Spooling.... Please wait

Member No.: 172
Region Association: Northern California

I much rather like the idea of making a old car function more modernly than making a new car look more old....
+Quote Post
Matty900
post Nov 21 2019, 12:46 AM
Post #43

Member No.: 18,454
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

QUOTE(thelogo @ Nov 19 2019, 10:37 AM) *

QUOTE(mepstein @ Nov 18 2019, 08:15 PM) *

Change it to biggest pos thats still runs and drives
Of the month ..

There would be some cool cars there (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smoke.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/bye1.gif)

I nominate mikey P's car @der914

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
ClayPerrine
post Nov 21 2019, 08:38 AM
Post #44

Life's been good to me so far.....

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1,143
Region Association: NineFourteenerVille

I would like to nominate my wife's 914. I know you really aren't supposed to nominate your own car, but this is NOT my car. I have never owned it. I just get the privilege to work on it and drive it occasionally.

1974 Phoenix red - 410,000 miles and a daily driver with working AC.

This car has bad clear coat, some rust spots, and some small tears in the driver's seat. It doesn't have perfect panel alignment either. The driver's door squeaks badly, and the trans whines some due to wear in the case. Betty has owned it since 1985, and still drives it to work (rain or shine) and runs AX events.

Attached Image

(IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/uploads_offsite/914world.com-1-11722-1568565490.1.jpeg)

The car is the first 914 I ever rode in, and the first one I ever drove. It was at our wedding, and is still the #1 914 in our garage. Any repairs to it jump to the front of the line. It has been through an engine fire, and restored to how it now looks and runs from there.

It is a beloved part of our family and as long as I can hold a wrench I will keep it running.
+Quote Post
Coondog
post Nov 21 2019, 12:10 PM
Post #45

Advanced Member

Member No.: 19,195

Any running 914 with 400,000 miles and a working A/C is a winner... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/first.gif)
+Quote Post
horizontally-opposed
post Nov 21 2019, 12:16 PM
Post #46

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,058
Region Association: None

QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ Nov 21 2019, 06:38 AM) *

I would like to nominate my wife's 914. I know you really aren't supposed to nominate your own car, but this is NOT my car. I have never owned it. I just get the privilege to work on it and drive it occasionally.

This car has bad clear coat, some rust spots, and some small tears in the driver's seat. It doesn't have perfect panel alignment either. The driver's door squeaks badly, and the trans whines some due to wear in the case. Betty has owned it since 1985, and still drives it to work (rain or shine) and runs AX events.

Attached Image

(IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/uploads_offsite/914world.com-1-11722-1568565490.1.jpeg)

The car is the first 914 I ever rode in, and the first one I ever drove. It was at our wedding, and is still the #1 914 in our garage. Any repairs to it jump to the front of the line. It has been through an engine fire, and restored to how it now looks and runs from there.

It is a beloved part of our family and as long as I can hold a wrench I will keep it running.

410,000 miles, that kind of back story, a daily driver, and working A/C?

I think I can overlook the Corvettes. Nomination seconded. These are the kind of 914 stories that should be highlighted/promoted by the 914 community.

Just my two cents...
+Quote Post
ValcoOscar
post Nov 21 2019, 12:26 PM
Post #47

Garage Life

Member No.: 16,669

QUOTE(Coondog @ Nov 21 2019, 10:10 AM) *

Any running 914 with 400,000 miles and a working A/C is a winner... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/first.gif)

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/agree.gif)

Lots of seat time and stories I'm sure. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cheer.gif)

Oscar
+Quote Post
TargaToy
post Nov 21 2019, 01:08 PM
Post #48

-NONSOLIS RADIOS SEDIOUIS FULMINA MITTO-

Member No.: 11,509
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

Here's another vote for Clay's wife's car. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)
+Quote Post
Betty
post Nov 22 2019, 07:59 AM
Post #49

Driver

Member No.: 3,255
Region Association: South East States

You guys are all so wonderfully sweet! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wub.gif) And, yeah, you bet your butt there are TONS of stories (he's up to 411,000 miles now). (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving-girl.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/screwy.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/headbang.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smilie_pokal.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/aktion035.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/new_shocked.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/headbang.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/WTF.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smash.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/welder.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sawzall-smiley.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/ar15.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/headbang.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smlove2.gif)

Keeping it all in the mid-engine family - I third, or fourth (or whatever number we're up to) the Fiat X-19!

But wait... no love for the Toyota MR2? I got my butt kicked regularly by one of those back in my SCCA autocross days (although we found out years later he had to cheat to beat me). (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)
Attached Image

Or there's always Son Of 914 - the Porsche Boxster (I know a bunch of you have one of those)?
Attached Image

Perhaps the Delorean? A niece and nephew (it's her car, not his) have one. Unfortunately it's not optioned like the one in the picture below. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/lol-2.gif)
Attached Image

And we can't forget Grandson Of 914 - the Porsche Cayman (I know some of you have one tucked away in the garage)!
Attached Image

But my ultimate choice - as a good and proper 'Runner-Up and Honorable Mention' to a 914 of your choosing for COTM honors is........... <fanfare that sounds a lot like horns beeping like a crowd of cars applauding in one of the 'Cars' movies>...........

The 1962 Ferrari 250 GTO which sold for $48.4 million dollars last year!
Attached Image

How freaking incredibly awesome would it be for the Premier 914 Website In The World to give second place - also known as First Loser (IMG:style_emoticons/default/lol-2.gif) - in their 914 Car Of The Month, year, millenium (whatever gets decided) to a '62 Ferrari GTO - one of the most expensive cars ever?!?! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/happy11.gif)

That would seriously have to be a poster (like a 'Motor Trend - Import Car Of The Year cover or something like that) with a small picture of the runner-up in the bottom corner! I'd buy multiples... just so I could have one hanging in every single room of the house. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/av-943.gif)
+Quote Post
EvilOlderBrother
post Nov 22 2019, 08:28 AM
Post #50

Member No.: 21,815
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

How about a twofer? It includes 914 contentAttached Image

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
914_teener
post Nov 22 2019, 03:40 PM
Post #51

914 Guru

Member No.: 9,489

QUOTE(Betty @ Nov 22 2019, 05:59 AM) *

You guys are all so wonderfully sweet! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wub.gif) And, yeah, you bet your butt there are TONS of stories (he's up to 411,000 miles now). (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving-girl.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/screwy.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/headbang.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smilie_pokal.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/aktion035.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/new_shocked.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/headbang.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/WTF.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smash.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/welder.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sawzall-smiley.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/ar15.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/headbang.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smlove2.gif)

Keeping it all in the mid-engine family - I third, or fourth (or whatever number we're up to) the Fiat X-19!

But wait... no love for the Toyota MR2? I got my butt kicked regularly by one of those back in my SCCA autocross days (although we found out years later he had to cheat to beat me). (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)
Attached Image

Or there's always Son Of 914 - the Porsche Boxster (I know a bunch of you have one of those)?
Attached Image

Perhaps the Delorean? A niece and nephew (it's her car, not his) have one. Unfortunately it's not optioned like the one in the picture below. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/lol-2.gif)
Attached Image

And we can't forget Grandson Of 914 - the Porsche Cayman (I know some of you have one tucked away in the garage)!
Attached Image

But my ultimate choice - as a good and proper 'Runner-Up and Honorable Mention' to a 914 of your choosing for COTM honors is........... <fanfare that sounds a lot like horns beeping like a crowd of cars applauding in one of the 'Cars' movies>...........

The 1962 Ferrari 250 GTO which sold for $48.4 million dollars last year!
Attached Image

How freaking incredibly awesome would it be for the Premier 914 Website In The World to give second place - also known as First Loser (IMG:style_emoticons/default/lol-2.gif) - in their 914 Car Of The Month, year, millenium (whatever gets decided) to a '62 Ferrari GTO - one of the most expensive cars ever?!?! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/happy11.gif)

That would seriously have to be a poster (like a 'Motor Trend - Import Car Of The Year cover or something like that) with a small picture of the runner-up in the bottom corner! I'd buy multiples... just so I could have one hanging in every single room of the house. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/av-943.gif)

That's a fun idea Betty. If your car has 400k in stock format....you should "win".

For fun sake, why not have any member(s) other mid engine p cars or other mid engine cars of any maker post their cars for consideration?

I'd nomiate John Petersons 09 987.2 Cayman with sport chrono and red interior...I think he sold it though....ultimately I think will become the best year of the Cayman ever built.

Post a pic of the Delorean. That'd be cool. Way ahead of its time.

Here's my 06 CS 987.1

I'm looking for another air-cooled p car but this time a six.

Attached Image

+Quote Post
914four
post Nov 23 2019, 09:14 AM
Post #52

Member No.: 7,582
Region Association: South East States

Betty's car is a beautiful car with great stories! The owner(s) are the such passionate 914 people and always help everyone. I've lost track of the 2nds, 3rds or what ever direction this thread has taken now but this car certainly deserves to represent the 914World community as the Car of the Month.

QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ Nov 21 2019, 08:38 AM) *

I would like to nominate my wife's 914.

+Quote Post
ClayPerrine
post Nov 23 2019, 02:29 PM
Post #53

QUOTE(914four @ Nov 23 2019, 09:14 AM) *

Betty's car is a beautiful car with great stories! The owner(s) are the such passionate 914 people and always help everyone. I've lost track of the 2nds, 3rds or what ever direction this thread has taken now but this car certainly deserves to represent the 914World community as the Car of the Month.

Fixed it for you....

"The owner and her husband are the such passionate 914 people and always help everyone."

+Quote Post
73-914
post Nov 24 2019, 11:04 AM
Post #54

Member No.: 11,651

Another vote for Betty's Baby
+Quote Post
2mAn
post Nov 24 2019, 11:25 AM
Post #55

trying to see how long I can go without a 914

Member No.: 16,644

I run the car of the month for the BMW E30 forum, R3vlimited, and its quite a bit of work to have a new one ready each month...

My suggestion is to have a build thread and whoever is running the Car of the Month to have a few people "prepping" as the deadlines tend to come quickly...

+Quote Post
914forme
post Nov 24 2019, 12:10 PM
Post #56

Times a wastin', get wrenchin'!

Member No.: 2,388

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/agree.gif)

It would be a huge project, and making it a public event allows for people to join in the fun and build the final presentation.
+Quote Post
ConeDodger
post Nov 24 2019, 04:56 PM
Post #57

Apex killer!

Member No.: 3,380
Region Association: Northern California

If Betty has 410K on a daily driven 914 with AC, it isn’t COTM she deserves, one of those P magazines should be calling! Wow! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)
+Quote Post
ClayPerrine
post Nov 25 2019, 07:29 AM
Post #58

QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Nov 24 2019, 04:56 PM) *

If Betty has 410K on a daily driven 914 with AC, it isn’t COTM she deserves, one of those P magazines should be calling! Wow! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

She does. And I have been wrenching on it every step of the way. And the P magazines never call. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif) Betty is fairly low keyed about it. The only interview we had was in Maverick Region slipstream.

http://mav.pca.org/slipstream/ss_jul19.pdf

Look at "Coffee, Cars, and Conversation" on page 20.
+Quote Post
sb914
post Nov 25 2019, 09:24 AM
Post #59

Surf Guru

Member No.: 15,191

QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ Nov 25 2019, 05:29 AM) *

QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Nov 24 2019, 04:56 PM) *

She does. And I have been wrenching on it every step of the way. And the P magazines never call. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif) Betty is fairly low keyed about it. The only interview we had was in Maverick Region slipstream.

http://mav.pca.org/slipstream/ss_jul19.pdf

Look at "Coffee, Cars, and Conversation" on page 20.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/dead horse.gif)
+Quote Post
Coondog
post Nov 26 2019, 08:12 PM
Post #60

Advanced Member

Member No.: 19,195

This 914 had a great story, but now we will never know.
Attached Image
+Quote Post

4 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 11:58 PM