Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Latest project, custom GT steering wheel
gereed75
post Dec 8 2019, 06:39 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 15,674
Region Association: North East States

Here is the steering wheel I just completed.

I really liked the size of the Momo Tuner that I had on my car, so I decided to use that size on this build - 13.2" diameter. Used a center section of a -11 wheel that I picked up cheap at Hersey (no -10 wheels were harmed in the production of this piece).

hand Cut the rim from a piece of 1/8" thick steel, sandwiched it with two pieces of 1/2" thick low density PVC, carved to round with a .5" radius router bit.

welded the rim to the center, off set 3/4" up to get a bit more underwheel leg room and better gauge visibility.

Wrapped in 4mm adhesive backed foam and then hand cut and hand stitched the leather cover (cross stitch).

All pretty easy except the leather fitting and stitching. Anyone who thinks that $425 for Dallas custom to do it is expensive, think again - it is a bargain!!

Attached Image

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 03:41 PM