Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Had a great day yesterday, Which ended at the Porsche dealership.
ClayPerrine
post Dec 8 2019, 10:06 PM
Post #1

Life's been good to me so far.....

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1,143
Region Association: NineFourteenerVille

Yesterday morning Betty and I took her 74 orange 914, and my 73 red 914-6 to a PCA Cars and Coffee and car show at Northpark mall in Dallas. We had over 250 Porsches there.

After that, we went on a Toy run with the club, ending at the Police station in Plano, Texas. There were over 500 items donated by Maverick Region PCA.

Next was lunch at a Distillery with @Scottthephotog , his wife, and some friends of theirs that own a new 911, but they really, really want a 914.

Later that evening, we took my red car and the blue original six to the Maverick Region holiday party at Grapevine Porsche. I had been asked by the social chair to gather together about 10 914s to display at the party because Maverick region PCA was showcasing the introduction of the 914. The cars ran the whole spectrum of 914s, including 2 factory sixes, and all the way from an original 73 with steel wheels, hubcaps and a luggage rack to my wild six conversion and a four cylinder race car. We took the 70 blue factory six, and the red 73 six conversion.

At the party, I found out that my red 914-6 six conversion won best in show at the Cars and Coffee! I was outside and Betty went up and got it for me. I was surprised when she came up and handed it to me.

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

And this was on the dash of a 356 in the Dealer Showroom. I sooooo want one of these.

Attached Image

It was a great event, and everyone loved the 914s in the show. The only real downside was when Jack Griffin tried to roll up the passenger window on his factory six, it shattered. There was glass between his car and our factory six.

If anyone has an early passenger window for sale, let me know. I will pass it along to Jack. BTW.. Jack Griffin sold his 911 RSR and kept his 914-6. He also drove at LeMans one year.

Jack Griffin story.
User is online!Profile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 07:35 AM