Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Rules Classified Rules!
> FS-Awesome 74 914 GT with 993 3.6 & Alloy 915, FS. Viper Green, Steel Flared Built GT with 1995 993 3.6
BRC911
post Dec 9 2019, 10:57 AM
Post #1

I'm new here ...

Group: Members
Member No.: 23,491
Region Association: Upper MidWest

I have a Hot Rod Build 1974 Porsche 914 GT. It was a 914/4 originally & in Silver. This 914 is now a Viper Green GT build and has many upgrades.

This build started in 2011 with a rust free California car, steel factory flares were welded on. Back dated bumpers & GT valances to match. Porsche oil cooler mounted up front with modified front bumper opening. European style front turn signal lenses. Side marker deleted. Late model space saver spare mounted up in the front trunk. It still has a california title. This car was shipped to the UK in 2012. In the UK, a windows out repaint in Viper Green was performed in 2012. Car has done maybe a 1,000 miles since it's initial build.

The engine is from a 1995 993 3.6 ltr. With the engine upgrades, it should be around 300HP. The engine has about 29,000 miles on it. It has Billy Boat stainless headers w/heater boxes. Magnaflow mufflers, K & N air filter and still retaining the stock Porsche Bosch fuel injection. Lightweight Hi-torgue starter. It also has the Late style 3.6 ECU.

The gear box is a 1985 Alloy Case 915. Rebuilt when installed in 2011. It has a Guard LSD. Cable Shifter shifter and a cable clutch set up as well. Sachs sports-clutch. 915 axles with big CV joints.

The suspension has Bilstein RSR front struts, Tarret hollow adjustable front sway bar. Stock 914 rear sway bar. 911 front torsion bars. Aluminum front axle beam from a 911 SC. The rear trailing arms have been reinforced along with the rear frame stiffening kit sections welded in. 5 lug conversion. Front A-arms & rear trailing arms have Elephant Racing rubber bushing installed. Rear Koni externally adjustable rear shocks with Bicknell Coilovers & Eibach springs. Weltmeister adjustable front camber plates with Monoballs.
New 930 u-joints in the steering shafts & new lower front ball joints.

The front brakes are Porsche 930 Turbo/Brembo units with stainless hoses. Front & rear rotors are vented & cross drilled. 914/6 rear calipers and a working E-brake.

The wheels polished & painted real Porsche 930 Turbo Fuchs. 16 X 7 & 16 X 9

The interior has leather seats. New 914Rubber dash pad. The windshield was also just resealed. The door panels are Marine cloth with GT interior door handles. Momo Competition steering wheel. The pedals were rebuild & bushed. New 3 point retractable seat belts. New carpet. New Coco Mats. All weatherstripping was replaced in 2012.

Not included but, I have a new set of Minilites that we could work into the deal as well.

While this 914 GT was in the UK, it was in the magazine Ultimate Porsche, Nov 2017. Nice article and it was on the cover.

This 914 GT is located in Madison, Wisconsin.

We are asking $72,000
Wire transfer or cash. Might consider a partial trade.

Attached Image Attached ImageAttached ImageAttached Image[attachmentid=721
999]Attached ImageAttached ImageAttached Image[attachmentid
=722004]Attached Image Attached Image

Attached image(s)
Attached Image Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies(1 - 8)
914z
post Dec 9 2019, 02:08 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 2,737

QUOTE(BRC911 @ Dec 9 2019, 09:57 AM) *

I have a Hot Rod Build 1974 Porsche 914 GT. It was a 914/4 originally & in Silver. This 914 is now a Viper Green GT build and has many upgrades.

This build started in 2011 with a rust free California car, steel factory flares were welded on. Back dated bumpers & GT valances to match. Porsche oil cooler mounted up front with modified front bumper opening. European style front turn signal lenses. Side marker deleted. Late model space saver spare mounted up in the front trunk. It still has a california title. This car was shipped to the UK in 2012. In the UK, a windows out repaint in Viper Green was performed in 2012. Car has done maybe a 1,000 miles since it's initial build.

The engine is from a 1995 993 3.6 ltr. With the engine upgrades, it should be around 300HP. The engine has about 29,000 miles on it. It has Billy Boat stainless headers w/heater boxes. Magnaflow mufflers, K & N air filter and still retaining the stock Porsche Bosch fuel injection. Lightweight Hi-torgue starter. It also has the Late style 3.6 ECU.

The gear box is a 1985 Alloy Case 915. Rebuilt when installed in 2011. It has a Guard LSD. Cable Shifter shifter and a cable clutch set up as well. Sachs sports-clutch. 915 axles with big CV joints.

The suspension has Bilstein RSR front struts, Tarret hollow adjustable front sway bar. Stock 914 rear sway bar. 911 front torsion bars. Aluminum front axle beam from a 911 SC. The rear trailing arms have been reinforced along with the rear frame stiffening kit sections welded in. 5 lug conversion. Front A-arms & rear trailing arms have Elephant Racing rubber bushing installed. Rear Koni externally adjustable rear shocks with Bicknell Coilovers & Eibach springs. Weltmeister adjustable front camber plates with Monoballs.
New 930 u-joints in the steering shafts & new lower front ball joints.

The front brakes are Porsche 930 Turbo/Brembo units with stainless hoses. Front & rear rotors are vented & cross drilled. 914/6 rear calipers and a working E-brake.

The wheels polished & painted real Porsche 930 Turbo Fuchs. 16 X 7 & 16 X 9

The interior has leather seats. New 914Rubber dash pad. The windshield was also just resealed. The door panels are Marine cloth with GT interior door handles. Momo Competition steering wheel. The pedals were rebuild & bushed. New 3 point retractable seat belts. New carpet. New Coco Mats. All weatherstripping was replaced in 2012.

Not included but, I have a new set of Minilites that we could work into the deal as well.

While this 914 GT was in the UK, it was in the magazine Ultimate Porsche, Nov 2017. Nice article and it was on the cover.

This 914 GT is located in Madison, Wisconsin.

We are asking $72,000
Wire transfer or cash. Might consider a partial trade.

Attached Image Attached ImageAttached ImageAttached Image[attachmentid=721
999]Attached ImageAttached ImageAttached Image[attachmentid
=722004]Attached Image Attached Image

REALLY PURTY!!!! THAT IS A GREAT PRICE! GLWTS!!!! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
+Quote Post
sixaddict
post Dec 9 2019, 03:21 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 9,961
Region Association: South East States

Lets see this one or the real tangerine six for about the same $$ ...Beautiful car though !
+Quote Post
Cairo94507
post Dec 10 2019, 08:33 AM
Post #4

Michael

Member No.: 9,712
Region Association: Northern California

Man, that is a whole lot of car for not a lot of money fellas. I love the color too. GLWTS (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
+Quote Post
eric9144
post Dec 10 2019, 09:57 AM
Post #5

Advanced Member

Member No.: 12,876
Region Association: Southern California

QUOTE(BRC911 @ Dec 9 2019, 08:57 AM) *

It still has a california title.

If the car is still CA titled, is it currently registered or in CA Non-Op status? That would make a big difference to anyone in CA, if not in Non-Op there's going to be shenanigans with the DMV $$$
+Quote Post
matthepcat
post Dec 10 2019, 11:04 AM
Post #6

Meat Popsicle

Member No.: 11,125
Region Association: Northern California

Nice car. For the asking price, I suggest adding a photo collection link with videos and pictures of receipts of work to the car. Is the engine documented? Like does it have a receipt for the rebuild with upgrades? (If not, then there is no proof).
+Quote Post
BRC911
post Dec 10 2019, 07:39 PM
Post #7

I'm new here ...

Hi.

Thanks for compliments.

This 914 still has it the UK plates on it. Being in Wisconsin I am not sure what is needed to update it or even what non-op is in California. I have the California title and I have plates that were good till 2012. You can PM me to let me know what I would need to do to make it easy for a possible California buyer.

Most of the work was done in by a gentleman in Oakland. We did not get any receipts with the car back in 2012. The engine was not rebuilt but was supposed to only have 28,000 miles on it.

To the interested buyers, If need be I can give the owner from Oakland who did most of the work in 2010-2011 and I have a Dropbox with 200+ pics I can send to you.

Thanks, Jim
+Quote Post
mb911
post Dec 11 2019, 08:22 PM
Post #8

914 Guru

Member No.: 9,892

Wow so close to me. Never knew it was in Madison.. Didn't we see this build on here?
+Quote Post
BRC911
post Jan 18 2020, 08:52 PM
Post #9

I'm new here ...

Hi.
Bump. Open to offers.

Thanks,
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 01:32 PM