Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> OT Aftermarket Stainless Steel Bumpers, For other makes, Bonus points for Volvo!
914bub
post Dec 15 2019, 02:23 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 16,260
Region Association: None

I'm asking this here because I know a lot of you have other classic cars you've restored and I've searched and searched on line for feedback and can't find any. I know there are a ton of overseas places making or selling after market stainless steel bumpers, (Harrington group etc.), but when I search I just get pages and pages of companies selling them but can't find any threads about people installing any and how happy or unhappy they've been, no matter what make of car I search.

I'm considering a set of these:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Volvo-PV-544-US-ty...er/274088841537

I know they are made for VW's, (Ghias etc), as well as a ton of other makes and thought maybe someone here had given them a try. I'd be interested in feedback no matter what type of car you've installed them on. I'm obviously considering them for a Volvo, (65 544). They sure look nice in the pictures. I just don't want to drop a lot of money for junk. I know some of you will say being from overseas they are likely junk but if anybody has first hand, real world experience, it would be much appreciated.

I have original bumpers but they are mangled and I know between straightening them and chroming them I could be in pretty deep, pretty quickly. The car will be a nice driver, not a concours example.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Mark Henry
post Dec 15 2019, 05:19 PM
Post #2

that's what I do!

Member No.: 26
Region Association: Canada

You may want to search for my SS bumper GB thread and skip to the end.
+Quote Post
914bub
post Dec 15 2019, 10:35 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 16,260

Mark, Thanks. I did read the whole thread and posted to it. How did it all end? Did people get their bumpers and were they happy with them?
+Quote Post
sixnotfour
post Dec 16 2019, 12:00 AM
Post #4

914 Wizard

Member No.: 2,744
Region Association: Rocky Mountains

https://groupharrington.com/brand/volvo-pv-544-export/
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
olsib914
post Dec 16 2019, 07:02 PM
Post #5

Member No.: 17,813

So another Volvo person with a 914. I have a 62 544 and purchased the stainless bumpers for it. Mine is a driver. Sport suspension (lowered) original paint polished. the car came with bent bumpers, That is why I replaced. Bought on the auction site. Arrived well packed and even wrapped in silk. the finish is great, The are light in weight. My 544 was Europe spec so no tubular over riders. After i price d new from VP, this was the sensible solution and would do again

OLsib914...another Mike
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 10:29 PM