Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Can't find 4th gear, I no i put it in there
Bruce Edge
post Jan 2 2020, 07:34 PM
Post #1

Old School 914

Group: Members
Member No.: 20,646
Region Association: None

I can go in to all gears except 4th gear. Side shift, rebuilt, bench tested with all gears working properly. all new bushings from gear shift leaver back to side shift. after going thru the general set up for long shift rod(tube) gear leaver pinch bolt ect. Here is what i have found the problem to be so far(I think).
When going in to 4th gear the long shift tube rolls to the highest point where it goes through the motor mount bar. Well, the tube hits the top of the hole in the bar not letting the lever in the transmission come down far enough. All new motor mounts were install.
So, do I raise the mount bar on the left side to see if that helps, hone out the hole in the mount some. I know all this rambling may not make sense, but hoping someone that had the same experience would pick up on what I was trying to say.
Any pointers is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Bruce
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th May 2024 - 01:52 PM