Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Going for 200 Laps on the Nurburgring, Shipping my 914-6 to Europe for my 4th European Tour.
DonTraver
post Jan 13 2020, 04:46 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,461

Some of you might remember when I shipped my RS America to Europe 3 times (had to ship back to CA for smog) While there I ran 190 Laps on the Ring with 1 Off and 1 360 spin. Best was 12 laps in 1 stint. Had 1 off track altercation with a bully, he lost.

I miss the Ring and the Autobahn. So I've decided to ship my 914-6 and get those last 10 laps in, woo hoo. Maybe a couple more, They do sell 25 lap cards. Used to be 499 euros.

Last time I met up with 1 of the world members at the Ring that was stationed there with his 914. Are there any members that might want to meet up at the Ring?

Things are starting to fall into place for this to happen again. Price of shipping has gone down to around $2200 to Felixstowe, UK. Set up Insurance this morning. Hotel reservations at the Elizabeth Orwell, it's like stepping back in to the 1800's.

The 6 is ready, fresh engine, side shift tranny, clutch, axles, cables, brakes, etc. Just a few minor gripes to fix before shipping.

This is from last time: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xuzPcRyTkZM...ndex=2&t=2s

Maybe contact Discover Germany, would be cool to have the 6 on the Ring like the RSA.

and

https://www.flickr.com/photos/2010-2011_european_tour/sets

Plan is ship 6 in April, fly over in May, pick up and I'm gone.

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
DonTraver
post Mar 1 2020, 12:30 PM
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,461

The 6 is in the shop with Jae Lee at Mirage. Jae's putting in a new Guard LSD. Every one I saw spin out always dropped a wheel. I did too, but I had a LSD put in RSA and I think that LSD prevented me from spinning out.

Jae's also doing, brake rotors & Pads, and anything else he thinks it needs.

The cabin blower motor just died. Critical for Europe. I have a spare that worked when I put it on the bench.

Got a good deal from Amazon, new Redtop for under a hundred with points.

Shipping still scheduled for April.

I'm keeping a eye on this Corovirus thing, it bothers me.

So still moving forward, but with caution.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 07:54 AM