Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> FYI - PM Scam Alert, Don't be as stupid as I was!
aggiezig
post Jan 13 2020, 09:57 PM
Post #1

Porsche Wannabe

Group: Members
Member No.: 19,557
Region Association: Southern California

SCAM ALERT

Posting this for the world's general knowledge and so no one else is as stupid as I was. I had posted a WTB for some rear late calipers on the classifieds and received a PM from a member saying:

Check out Chris in PA via Hollychris1972 @ gmail.com,he has a set of cores, late rear calipers he wants to part with.

Like the idiot that I am, I did not even notice the username of the sender was "Im_a_scammer_2". Let's attribute that to the fact that I was viewing on my phone and distracted at the time.

Long story short, I email "Chris", exchange a few texts with 707-861-0828 about the condition of the item, send a venmo for $120 and never hear back. After a bit, I got a funny feeling and decided to search his email address which is all over other forums as a known scammer.

So, now not only am I out my money, but I also feel like a huge idiot. Posting this as a big FYI for the forum so that no one else falls victim to the same trap that I did. It's very sad to me that this is what today's world has come down to...
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 03:12 PM