Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> My First Classic Car: 914 Restoration
PorscheGirl96
post Jan 14 2020, 04:36 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 23,683
Region Association: England

Hiya!

I've been scouring so many 914 posts and seen all the amazing restorations you guys have done over the years and found some really valuable information I would've perhaps missed otherwise...

So a little intro:
I'm currently a final year university student, and for my dissertation I chose to model my project on the "Critical Evaluation of the Performance of a Porsche 914 Engine, proposing improvements based on more modern materials and technology."
And lucky for me, it's been done parallel to the actual vehicle restoration!

My Dad purchased the 1974 914 2.0L from California in auction, (he won't tell me for how much because I'm sure my Mum would go mental...LOL).

So the idea of my dissertation is to run simulations for the original engine specs, looking at vehicle performance, emissions and fuel economy, and seeing, based on the improvements I want to make, how much of a difference there is, and finally creating a series of engine maps including race, eco and sport maps.

There is no doubt that all three of my objectives will have increased dramatically compared to the original specs, especially since modern technology has had a large focus on reducing all engine pollutants for the sake of global warming.

I'm currently looking at switching to a distributorless system, whilst keeping it all in the original distributor package, and installing an adjustable crank sensor which I need for the mapping.

I know this is a long post, so I'll put up a few photos (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)
I'd appreciate any advice going forward!

PorscheGirl96

Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 03:28 AM