Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Model Specific Information

914/4: 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 914/6: 70 71 72

> Getting a NEW feel - shifter, How can I recapture the experience?
ctc911ctc
post Jan 14 2020, 09:20 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 22,206
Region Association: North East States

All,

I have been working on a '74 barn-find that is in good condition for a car that has sat for 35+ years.

In 1973 I owned a 1970 1.7, loved that car. I drove it to the local Porsche dealer and was looking to trade it for a new one. I drove a new one and the shifter was so different. Yes, I know it was a side shifter vs. a rear shifter. But the new car shifting stuck with me as one of the best parts of a new 914.

My experience was that the new car had a very CRISP shifter, where the path from 1st to 2nd was extremely easy, the springs seemed snappy.

My current car has all new bushings, greased and shifts OK. I have been told that the springs in the shifter (in the cabin) have little effect, but I also noticed that people do replace them.

Has anyone in this forum every pursued the NEW FEEL of a transmission?

Many thanks
CTC911CTC
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 4th May 2024 - 12:24 PM