Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

7 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> "Official" 2020 Route 66 Classic Information, It Happened. There are Pictures to prove it.
VegasRacer
post Feb 25 2020, 11:59 PM
Post #41

ELVIRA

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 481
Region Association: None

QUOTE(Gint @ Feb 25 2020, 08:11 PM) *

I kinda need an excuse to get away from work. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/idea.gif)

Perfect. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/icon22_2.gif) I have you on "the list" to pick us up in Colorado Springs and roll down to Amarillo together.
Bar-B-Que at Tyler's is on me. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/chowtime.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
morsmanlaw
post Feb 26 2020, 09:24 PM
Post #42

Group: Members
Member No.: 16,308
Region Association: Southwest Region

QUOTE(VegasRacer @ Jan 19 2020, 01:22 AM) *

Lawrence. Take advantage of it this year when it's so close.

Next year we start in St. Louis. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/shades.gif)

Is that serious about starting in St. Louis next year? There's limited opportunity for involvement in such events here in Tulsa (through which, incidentally, Route 66 passes).
+Quote Post
VegasRacer
post Feb 27 2020, 04:09 PM
Post #43

ELVIRA

Google tells me it is 395.6 miles from Tulsa to St. Louis and only 365.4 miles to Amarillo. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/poke.gif)
+Quote Post
worn
post Feb 27 2020, 09:39 PM
Post #44

can't remember

Member No.: 13,152
Region Association: Upper MidWest

QUOTE(VegasRacer @ Feb 27 2020, 02:09 PM) *

Google tells me it is 395.6 miles from Tulsa to St. Louis and only 365.4 miles to Amarillo. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/poke.gif)

How far from Madison. Last time I went it snowed, I met Slits, and had a wonderful time. Count me in.
+Quote Post
morsmanlaw
post Feb 28 2020, 12:10 PM
Post #45

Member No.: 16,308
Region Association: Southwest Region

QUOTE(VegasRacer @ Feb 27 2020, 04:09 PM) *

My hope was that if it started in St. Louis, and possibly went west, it would be heading in this direction.
+Quote Post
ClayPerrine
post Feb 28 2020, 12:28 PM
Post #46

Life's been good to me so far.....

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1,143
Region Association: NineFourteenerVille

QUOTE(VegasRacer @ Jan 21 2020, 10:14 PM) *

Clay & Betty - Please join us in Amarillo. (When has a 914 event ever been closer?) You don't have to make the entire run, start to finish. (In fact, I never expected that anyone would be crazy enough to do the full distance with me.) I will promise you that the drive from Las Vegas to Albuquerque, above and around Santa Fe, will be the best 914 roads on the entire tour. (Not counting the short banzai run into Oatman.) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/MDB2.gif)

I just saw this. Sorry, I don't think its going to happen. We both agree... a 914 loaded up with tools, spares, and luggage is limited fun on the twisty roads.

But it would be fun seeing y'all.

Clay
+Quote Post
sbruzek
post Feb 28 2020, 06:57 PM
Post #47

Member No.: 14,024

I’m just north of STL in IL along Route 66. Please let me know where to find more info about next years event starting in STL

Thanks. Steve B.
+Quote Post
VegasRacer
post Feb 28 2020, 10:25 PM
Post #48

ELVIRA

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/headbang.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/headbang.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/headbang.gif) (I blame @Larmo63 , he is the instigator that got me in this mess.)

1.) This forum is the place to find information about all future Rallies, Tours, Treffens, Classics, Rambles and other 914 events.

2.) I can assure you that if I am the one planning, we will not be starting in St. Louis. If we are going that far, we are gonna do it proper and drive the additional 300 miles to start in Chicago at the beginning of Route 66.

3.) Don't give up hope. A few months ago nobody would have believed that we would be starting in Amarillo this year.

4.) There is nothing stopping you from organizing a midwest / eastern Route 66 event.
Attached Image
+Quote Post
Larmo63
post Feb 28 2020, 11:56 PM
Post #49

Advanced Member

Member No.: 17,068
Region Association: Southern California

I'm always in trouble for sumthin........ (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif)
+Quote Post
76-914
post Feb 29 2020, 08:27 AM
Post #50

Repeat Offender & Resident Subaru Antagonist

Member No.: 9,964

QUOTE(VegasRacer @ Feb 28 2020, 08:25 PM) *

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/headbang.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/headbang.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/headbang.gif) (I blame @Larmo63 , he is the instigator that got me in this mess.)

1.) This forum is the place to find information about all future Rallies, Tours, Treffens, Classics, Rambles and other 914 events.

2.) I can assure you that if I am the one planning, we will not be starting in St. Louis. If we are going that far, we are gonna do it proper and drive the additional 300 miles to start in Chicago at the beginning of Route 66.

3.) Don't give up hope. A few months ago nobody would have believed that we would be starting in Amarillo this year.

4.) There is nothing stopping you from organizing a midwest / eastern Route 66 event.
Attached Image

East meets West. It could be even more grande. Include the north & south. We could all meet in Mid America. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif)
+Quote Post
ClayPerrine
post Feb 29 2020, 08:59 AM
Post #51

QUOTE(76-914 @ Feb 29 2020, 08:27 AM) *

East meets West. It could be even more grande. Include the north & south. We could all meet in Mid America. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif)

The exact geometric center of the US is a few miles northwest of Lebanon, Kansas. I is in the middle of the Kansas prairie.
Middle Of The United States

The stone marker is the exact center. Considering there are no twisty roads for hundreds of miles, I don't want to waste time going there in a 914. If you find someplace with twisty roads where everyone could meet, I would go.

+Quote Post
76-914
post Feb 29 2020, 09:04 AM
Post #52

Repeat Offender & Resident Subaru Antagonist

Member No.: 9,964

QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ Feb 29 2020, 06:59 AM) *

The exact geometric center of the US is a few miles northwest of Lebanon, Kansas. I is in the middle of the Kansas prairie.

The stone marker is the exact center. Considering there are no twisty roads for hundreds of miles, I don't want to waste time going there in a 914. If you find someplace with twisty roads where everyone could meet, I would go.

@ClayPerrine , I don't know much about KS geography other than the Flinthill area is beautiful at sunset. Surely there is a spot that is nominally central that would be a fair pointe for NES&W. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif)
+Quote Post
ClayPerrine
post Feb 29 2020, 09:12 AM
Post #53

QUOTE(76-914 @ Feb 29 2020, 09:04 AM) *

QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ Feb 29 2020, 06:59 AM) *

@ClayPerrine , I don't know much about KS geography other than the Flinthill area is beautiful at sunset. Surely there is a spot that is nominally central that would be a fair pointe for NES&W. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif)

Nearest point with any twisties is in Denver. And it is 6hours away.
+Quote Post
VegasRacer
post Feb 29 2020, 12:20 PM
Post #54

ELVIRA

Adrian, Texas. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif) We will be there before noon on Monday. Attached Image
+Quote Post
stevend914
post Feb 29 2020, 04:18 PM
Post #55

Member No.: 20,670

Right now I'm in Kerrville, TX having just finished driving all three of the twisted sisters. I've briefly looked into starting in Chicago and arriving in LA, and then returning (to Saint Louis). Not sure if it will happen in 2021, might be the following year.
+Quote Post
VegasRacer
post Feb 29 2020, 10:13 PM
Post #56

ELVIRA

QUOTE(worn @ Feb 27 2020, 07:39 PM) *

How far from Madison? Last time I went it snowed, I met Slits, and had a wonderful time. Count me in.

Now that's what I'm talking about!!! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/first.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/flag.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/aktion035.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif)

(You're crazier than I am. )
+Quote Post
Madswede
post Mar 1 2020, 06:32 PM
Post #57

Flat Out Driver

Member No.: 6,831
Region Association: Rocky Mountains

That’s quite an epic journey in the making! I’d be remiss if I didn’t swing by and say hello since you folks will be within a couple miles of my home. I will probably have started my new job in ABQ around then as well, though I don’t think I’ll have a lot more time, I should at least be home every night instead of on the road every week.

Would be good to see you folks! I’ll check back in before the event.

- Jon (aka Nelson) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/shades.gif)
+Quote Post
VegasRacer
post Mar 5 2020, 01:32 PM
Post #58

ELVIRA

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/icon13.gif) 60 Day Notice (IMG:style_emoticons/default/icon13.gif)
It is not to late to join the party and make your reservations.

Please check the attendance list on the first page for accuracy and let me know if corrections or changes are needed.
+Quote Post
Gint
post Mar 16 2020, 05:03 PM
Post #59

Mike Ginter

Member No.: 20

I never actually said I was going... And probably can't. But the desire is there. I'd much rather hang out with you monkeys than work. That whiner Clay isn't coming is he? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/shades.gif)
+Quote Post
Gint
post Mar 16 2020, 05:20 PM
Post #60

Mike Ginter

Member No.: 20

Whaddya drivin John?

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/idea.gif) Maybe I'll can that other vacation idea and ...
+Quote Post

7 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 01:32 AM