Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Next project, replacing motor and transmission mounts
anderssj
post Jan 18 2020, 10:15 AM
Post #1

Dog is my copilot...

Group: Members
Member No.: 207
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

Hey ya'll! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/bye1.gif)

I'm getting ready to replace the 914's motor and transmission mounts.

I've been researching "how to's" for the motor mounts for a while, and I think I can do this with the engine in the car (Haynes manual confirms this on page 13 as one of the items that "can be attended to with the engine installed." I plan to put car on a lift and support the motor from underneath. Next, remove the shift rod, lower motor mount nuts, and the remove engine mount bar. After that, I should be able to reach up and remove top nuts on motor mounts. I'll be doing an oil change anyway, so the oil filter will be out--hopefully improving access to the top nut on the right-side motor mount.

(Cut to "It could work!" scene in Young Frankenstein).

The transmission mounts should be straightforward, as there are a lot of threads and pictures here in the 914 garage (a GREAT resource). Only question I have (for now) is which mounts to use. There are a few options including:

- 911 convertible engine mounts (PN 911 375 043 07?)
- WEVO mounts (with black/softer cushions)
- 914-4 mount (PN 914 375 025 00) (URO)
- 914-6 mount (PN 914 375 026 00) (URO) (solid rubber)

I was thinking of using the URO 914-6 transmission mounts shown in post 4 here: http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...p;#entry2661903

Has anyone else used URO's -6 transmission mounts? How much stiffer are they compared to the -4 mount? Pelican says that both of the URO pieces come with a 2-year warranty, so that should hopefully cover any problems.

Any tips, BTDTs, observations would be appreciated!

TIA,

Steve A-

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 6th May 2024 - 04:46 AM