Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Porsche Parade, Non Porsche Engines
Chi-town
post Jan 21 2020, 03:33 PM
Post #21

Group: Members
Member No.: 22,446
Region Association: Southern California

The mandatory ladies class is actually illegal

Maybe I'll join with the boxster and show up with the 914 (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
PanelBilly
post Jan 22 2020, 08:42 AM
Post #22

914 Guru

Member No.: 6,488
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

The PNW group is really been trying to reach out and include everyone. This last year they’ve encourage me to invite non members to club functions I order to grow the number of 914 owners. Maybe national will come around and loosen up their rules.
+Quote Post
RickS
post Jan 22 2020, 10:32 PM
Post #23

Member No.: 5,880
Region Association: None

QUOTE(DickSteinkamp @ Jan 20 2020, 08:20 AM) *

The Porsche Parade TY is in Palm Springs in June. I'd at a minimum like to attend, and at best take my Chevy V8 powered 914.

I'm not yet a PCA member.

I've been told that the PCA does not recognize Porsches with non Porsche engines...even in their "Modified" classes. True?

Can I join the PCA with a Chevy powered Porsche?

Can I bring it to the Parade in some sort of "display only" category?

Maybe this? (in the December Panorama in the article on the Parade)...

"The Historics Display is again part of this perfect setting. Its theme this year is California Dreamin', representing the free spirit and creativity of Porsche owners. The display will feature restored older model Porsches with modern equipment, outlandish paint, and other appointments, often called "outlaws." No factory-stock Porsches at this year's display!"

I find the question as bizarre as someone driving to a Classic Chevy show with a 65 Nova SS powered by a VW Beetle motor and being indignant that they aren’t accepted.

I see no issue here.

Now if you put a 928, Cayenne or Macan motor in your 914, so it is all Porsche, you would be a celebrity.

Or you could start your own 914 mixed motor club with Subys, Chevys, Fords..... but no 100% Porsches admitted.
+Quote Post
DickSteinkamp
post Jan 22 2020, 11:02 PM
Post #24

Member No.: 20,876

QUOTE(RickS @ Jan 22 2020, 08:32 PM) *

I find the question as bizarre as someone driving to a Classic Chevy show with a 65 Nova SS powered by a VW Beetle motor and being indignant that they aren’t accepted.

I see no issue here.

Now if you put a 928, Cayenne or Macan motor in your 914, so it is all Porsche, you would be a celebrity.

Or you could start your own 914 mixed motor club with Subys, Chevys, Fords..... but no 100% Porsches admitted.

I am not as familiar with Porsche ins and outs as I am with other makes. My 365/327 powered 53 Studebaker is welcome in the Studebaker Driver's Club and has attended several of their International Meets. They have classes for custom and modified cars.

(IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/uploads_offsite/live.staticflickr.com-20876-1579755750.1.jpg)

(IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/uploads_offsite/live.staticflickr.com-20876-1579755751.2.jpg)

My aluminum Rover V8 powered MGB has attended the All British Field Meet at Van Dusen Gardens in Vancouver, BC. several times. Modified cars are welcome there.

(IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/uploads_offsite/live.staticflickr.com-20876-1579755751.3.jpg)

(IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/uploads_offsite/live.staticflickr.com-20876-1579755751.4.jpg)

I think if a Chrysler Hemi powered 40 Chev coupe showed up at a Chevy show that it be a hit.

My experience has been that not all clubs and their shows insist that the make of the motor match the make of the car. I asked the question and found out that it IS important to the PCA that they match. That is actually OK with me. It seems to be a rule that works for the members and potential members of the PCA.

Are you indignant that I asked the question? Are you happiest when you are unhappy? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)
+Quote Post
stownsen914
post Jan 22 2020, 11:28 PM
Post #25

Member No.: 6,985

I like your work!

PCA has loosened up a bit over the years. I think at one time you had to prove Porsche ownership to join, and I don't think it's required anymore. At one of my first track events back around 1990, an entrant was sent home in his Chevy powered 914. These days most regions are happy to accept non-Porsche machinery, but as mentioned I think at the Parade they are stricter. I think it would be reasonable to include Porsches with alternate powerplants.

Scott
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 09:49 AM