Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Rules Classified Rules!
> WTT Bendbak 4-post lift for 914
Stuckon914
post Jan 21 2020, 09:25 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 22,747
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

Moved to a new house a few months ago and downsized on my cars/house so I’m offering my 4-post HD-7W Bendbak. It was made in 01/2017, I got it new from Bendbak about 2.5 years ago, just serviced. 240volt motor setup, rolling casters to move it around, and all accessories like ramps. I have the bolt down kit if you want to lock it down.

Excellent working condition, tracks can be positioned in two settings.

Looking to trade for a rust free, solid, stock 914 frame- roller or even running. Doesn’t need to be complete or running. Doesn’t need to be a straight trade, can add or receive cash if needed.

At my cost: I will disassemble, deliver, help unload and assemble the lift in your garage if you help load your 914 on my trailer. I would like to keep this to within 300 miles of zipcode 20852 but for the right trade we can come to an arrangement.

If you would rather do it the other way, I can add some
cash.

I paid about $3700 for the lift and about $1000 to get it from stock yard to my house and installed. I would put the trade value for the lift at about $3000.

I can email more pictures, much easier. I’ll fix the pix later.

Attached image(s)
Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies(1 - 8)
Chi-town
post Jan 21 2020, 09:35 AM
Post #2

Member No.: 22,446
Region Association: Southern California

Looking for a to rust free 914 is like trying to find Jimmy Hoffa (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)
+Quote Post
Stuckon914
post Jan 21 2020, 10:12 AM
Post #3

QUOTE(Chi-town @ Jan 21 2020, 10:35 AM) *

Looking for a to rust free 914 is like trying to find Jimmy Hoffa (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

Big difference. Hoffa is rumored to be buried on the east coast, rust-free 914s are rumored to be buried on the west coast. Both are myths.
+Quote Post
Chi-town
post Jan 21 2020, 10:25 AM
Post #4

Member No.: 22,446
Region Association: Southern California

QUOTE(Stuckon914 @ Jan 21 2020, 08:12 AM) *

Big difference. Hoffa is rumored to be buried on the east coast, rust-free 914s are rumored to be buried on the west coast. Both are myths.

Very true (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)
+Quote Post
mepstein
post Jan 21 2020, 10:26 AM
Post #5

914-6 GT in waiting

Member No.: 10,825

You west coast guys call a car with sun faded paint - rusty. We call a car that's folding in half - restorable. Even guys like Ben, whos welding is top shelf, took a couple years to get his car in paint. No matter how good you are, rustoration takes time so finding a solid car can make the process years quicker and thousands of dollars less.

The last "rust free" car I bought from CA has some blems. It has a couple less than spectacular fender repairs. They will get fixed one day but in the meantime, it's a solid car that I can drive. That rarely exists on the east coast.

I see the same thing happening with 911 engines. It's easy to find a core 2.0-2.7 for $2-3K. But once these engines get purchased, they tend to sit for years once the owner has added up the cost to rebuild. A running engine may be a bigger hit at first and not be perfect, but it can get the car running in months vs years.

+Quote Post
Stuckon914
post Jan 21 2020, 11:32 AM
Post #6

QUOTE(mepstein @ Jan 21 2020, 11:26 AM) *

You west coast guys call a car with sun faded paint - rusty. We call a car that's folding in half - restorable. Even guys like Ben, whos welding is top shelf, took a couple years to get his car in paint. No matter how good you are, rustoration takes time so finding a solid car can make the process years quicker and thousands of dollars less.

The last "rust free" car I bought from CA has some blems. It has a couple less than spectacular fender repairs. They will get fixed one day but in the meantime, it's a solid car that I can drive. That rarely exists on the east coast.

I see the same thing happening with 911 engines. It's easy to find a core 2.0-2.7 for $2-3K. But once these engines get purchased, they tend to sit for years once the owner has added up the cost to rebuild. A running engine may be a bigger hit at first and not be perfect, but it can get the car running in months vs years.

Absolutely makes sense, I’m casting a wide net. Open to suggestions. I’ve also posted a WTB. Not in a rush but after 25 years and two surgeries, I’m ready.
+Quote Post
Stuckon914
post Jan 24 2020, 02:58 PM
Post #7

Bump
+Quote Post
Stuckon914
post Feb 8 2020, 07:57 PM
Post #8

Bump
+Quote Post
Stuckon914
post Mar 7 2020, 09:41 AM
Post #9

Bump.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 07:15 AM