Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Rules Classified Rules!
> 1975 2.0 Laguna blue with cold AC 3200 miles on rebuild, SOLD
914ltd
post Feb 1 2020, 05:09 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 581
Region Association: None

SOLD

I know some of you want a perfect 914 for $24,500. For that you will need to talk to a salesman, not a mechanic. This is an excellent, get in and drive car. There has been previous front end damage. The work will not affect the enjoyment of the car. Buyers don't want to hear a 45 year old car isn't perfect so a salesman won't tell you that. I have been a 914 owner, over the top enthusiast and mechanic for over 45 years. It doesn't help me sell a nice car like this because you expect me to tell you the honest truth. I'm sure some of you can appreciate that. Brad Mayeur

1975 914 2.0. Laguna blue with black interior. Cold AC, original fuel injection, Fuchs wheels, center console, records from new including original bill of sale. We received this car from another shop in a disassembled condition and loaded with new OEM parts in 2004 and sent the finished car home to the owner in Florida just 3200 miles ago. We rebuilt and balanced the engine using new Mahle European pistons and cylinders, Glyco main, rod and cam bearings, new clutch and flywheel. The transaxle was rebuilt and shifts as new. The brakes were rebuilt including PMB calipers, 4 new rotors and an ATE master cylinder. The original restrictive exhaust was backdated to 1973-74 2.0 stainless heat exchangers and new in 2020 Bursch muffler,. The dash top was replaced with a new OE Porsche dash, the seats and interior are excellent. The high quality repaint of the original color is also excellent. This is an excellent running and driving, exceptionally clean car. My shop specializes in 914 Porsche repair and restoration and I have been a 914 owner, enthusiast and mechanic since 1972. Realistically priced for an exceptional 914. $24,500.

A beautiful leather steering wheel is now installed.

This is a list of the OE (original equipment from Porsche) and OEM (parts from the original supplier to Porsche)
OE dash top, two front park lights and Hella lenses, left and right side marker lights, new Hella tail light assemblies, left and right vent wing triangle seals, rear glass to engine lid seal, left and right door seals on body, left and right door seals on door, windshield frame to top seal, top to door glass seals, door glass to roll bar seals, rear trunk seal, rear top to roll bar seal ($262. In 2004) Left and right OE steel rocker panels, dash to windshield seal, left and right inside door handles, left and right targa bar “banana” trim, all 6 pieces of windshield chrome plus many correct fasteners and small trim parts.

In addition the carpet was replaced with German loop set, the gauges were rebuilt at Palo Alto with the mileage reset to “0”, Lemforder turbo tie rod set, new ½ axles, a rebuilt and improved relay board from my shop plus the assembly details that only an experienced Porsche 914 shop can accomplish.
All of this work and new parts were done in the last 3200 miles!

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image

Attached image(s)
Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
914ltd
post Mar 19 2020, 09:00 AM
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 581
Region Association: None

This 914 is still available at far cheaper than you would spend to duplicate it.
Work done by a 45 year PCA member, 914 enthusiast and 914 specialty shop owner.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 06:51 AM