Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Amp wiring question, need a ruling from the braintrust
bbrock
post Feb 11 2020, 09:29 PM
Post #1

914 Guru

Group: Members
Member No.: 20,845
Region Association: Rocky Mountains

I've been researching 4-channel amps to power my speaker pods and a small sub. Kenwood is not really a brand I gravitate toward but this amp has caught my eye for several reasons and gets rave reviews. https://www.crutchfield.com/p_113KACM3K4/Ke...4.html?tp=35782

An unexpected bonus is that it uses only a 10 gauge power wire and draws just 22 amps. That's within limits the stock harness and fuse block can handle, particularly given that I'll be running all LED lights which will cut down on current draw. Eliminating the hassle of fishing a fat wire through the harness snorkel to connect directly to the battery is appealing. What do you electrically savy folks think?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
Spoke
post Feb 11 2020, 10:01 PM
Post #2

Jerry

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,031
Region Association: None

22A is over 300W. The voltage in the cabin dims when two 55W headlights are turned on. I would recommend running a separate wire from the battery to the amp. May even want to add one of those 1 farad capacitors at the amp as well.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 01:34 PM