Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> big shipment from Dansk just arrived, our once every two month deal
mb911
post Feb 25 2020, 03:13 PM
Post #21

914 Guru

Group: Members
Member No.: 9,892
Region Association: Upper MidWest

QUOTE(horizontally-opposed @ Feb 25 2020, 12:49 PM) *

QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Feb 25 2020, 12:24 PM) *

marty's headers are certainly superior in flow to the fatory heat exchangers, I have a set on my 9142430257 with a 3.0 in it, but Marty does not make heat exchangers.

Good to know on the flow—thank you! Is it true that the SSI heater boxes are crimped on or spot-welded around the edges? If so, one begins to wonder how hard it would be to add heater boxes that could be crimped onto MSDS headers...which I've had my eye on for a while now.

That would provide an attractive option for those of us who like the factory look of Dansk's HEs, but simply don't need "original" looking HEs on our six conversions at that price point. If I lived someplace where it mattered or planned to use my 914 daily again, I'd be all over Ben's stainless HEs. But I just haven't been able to get over the $2500-3500+ hump to add heat to a car I rarely use.

Totally understand that.. I sold the 1st 50 sets at 1500 dollars which I didn't even break even on.. They are incredibly labor intensive.. I then had to build a price structure in as almost every reseller said they wanted to carry them.. Well guess what that was all about? Nothing they all were blowing smoke up you know where .. To date I have sold a couple hundred sets so if you think about time to recoupe my investment well I am about there.. So now look at the scale that Dansk must have to work with to break even.. Economy scale.. George is definitely giving a good discount.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
horizontally-opposed
post Feb 25 2020, 03:28 PM
Post #22

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,058
Region Association: None

QUOTE(mb911 @ Feb 25 2020, 01:13 PM) *

Totally understand that.. I sold the 1st 50 sets at 1500 dollars which I didn't even break even on.. They are incredibly labor intensive.. I then had to build a price structure in as almost every reseller said they wanted to carry them.. Well guess what that was all about? Nothing they all were blowing smoke up you know where .. To date I have sold a couple hundred sets so if you think about time to recoupe my investment well I am about there.. So now look at the scale that Dansk must have to work with to break even.. Economy scale.. George is definitely giving a good discount.

Your HEs are a work of art, Ben, and $1500 was way too cheap. Your current pricing seems more than fair. Good point about Dansk's scale, and I am glad that a good repro of the factory 914-6 heat exchangers is finally available even if they simply do not represent good value for my use case (would be interesting to see how sales have been?).

EDIT: What I am trying to understand is the pricing disparity between Dansk's -6 HEs and its other offerings, but maybe that should be moved to another thread.
+Quote Post
rhodyguy
post Feb 25 2020, 06:09 PM
Post #23

Chimp Sanctuary NW. Check it out.

Member No.: 378
Region Association: Galt's Gulch

No good deed goes unpunished.
+Quote Post
horizontally-opposed
post Feb 25 2020, 11:10 PM
Post #24

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,058
Region Association: None

QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Feb 25 2020, 04:09 PM) *

No good deed goes unpunished.

Indeed...
+Quote Post
914werke
post Mar 7 2020, 08:23 PM
Post #25

"I got blisters on me fingers"

Member No.: 453
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

QUOTE(Amphicar770 @ Feb 24 2020, 09:00 PM) *
What years are the two tank models for. I have a 1974 built in late 73. Thx
His site list them for 74.5-76 so presumably that mean the late tank with mounts for the plastic expansion tank?
George is there a plan to offer the tank with the mounts for the early cars?
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th April 2024 - 05:31 PM