Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> 1969 -1973 front bumper measurements dimensions, What are the dimensions of the front bumper
78PanamaBrown
post Feb 21 2020, 08:20 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 23,927
Region Association: Southwest Region

Hello, I'm going to be towing a 1973 Porsche 914 with all 4 wheels on the ground, and would like to remove the front bumper and make a steel bracket (attached to the car using the existing bumper mounting holes), to which I can firmly attach (weld) one of those cheapie Harbor Freight bumper hitches for towing the car. I'd like to make the steel mounting bracket I have in mind, before I go pickup the car, but without the car in front of me, I don't know how far apart (horizontally) the two holes on either side of the car are, or the distance (vertically). Does anyone have these measurements?

Before anybody says "just rent a flatbed", I have towed 914's before with wheels on the ground, just by removing the rear axles, and attaching magnetic mount lights. They actually pull quite well this way, but the generic clamp on bumper hitches tend to destroy the front bumpers, and the car I'm getting has a perfect one, that I want to keep in tact.

Thanks for you help.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 5th May 2024 - 11:38 AM