Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

15 Pages V « < 7 8 9 10 11 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Official Northeast Anniversary Gathering Info Thread, ADDED INFO - POST#79 AND #114
BillJ
post Jul 13 2020, 09:03 AM
Post #161

Group: Members
Member No.: 15,610
Region Association: None

Hooked up with Jon and am on the 914 Caravan from Northern Virginia! My son and I (he is 9) are very much looking forward to meeting everyone.
User is online!Profile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Big Len
post Jul 13 2020, 10:54 AM
Post #162

Member No.: 16,126
Region Association: Southwest Region

QUOTE(BillJ @ Jul 13 2020, 11:03 AM) *

Hooked up with Jon and am on the 914 Caravan from Northern Virginia! My son and I (he is 9) are very much looking forward to meeting everyone.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/piratenanner.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
+Quote Post
BENBRO02
post Jul 13 2020, 11:48 AM
Post #163

Member No.: 18,493
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

QUOTE(BillJ @ Jul 13 2020, 11:03 AM) *

Excellent! I’ll see you when you get to NOVA.
+Quote Post
Spoke
post Jul 13 2020, 12:20 PM
Post #164

Jerry

Member No.: 3,031

QUOTE(lvnzdrm @ Jul 10 2020, 02:19 PM) *

Working out details to drive up out of VA through NOVA to Philly area, send me a message if you want to join in. I’ll be in Woodbridge around 7:00 to meet up with the first car. Anyone else in? See everyone in a week!!

What route is being planned? I'm in the Lehigh Valley and would like to meet up if possible.
+Quote Post
914dave
post Jul 13 2020, 12:33 PM
Post #165

914 Addict

Member No.: 1,262
Region Association: North East States

QUOTE(Spoke @ Jul 13 2020, 02:20 PM) *

Working out details to drive up out of VA through NOVA to Philly area, send me a message if you want to join in. I’ll be in Woodbridge around 7:00 to meet up with the first car. Anyone else in? See everyone in a week!!

What route is being planned? I'm in the Lehigh Valley and would like to meet up if possible.

Spoke
The guys who are coming from the south are meeting me at the Yardley park and ride where 295 crosses from PA to NJ. We are going to cruise up river rd thru the Delaware Water Gap for lunch and then to the hotel. Out of the way for you, but if you wanted to join us for the cruise, all are welcome. The meet time at the park and ride is 10:00 am.
+Quote Post
BENBRO02
post Jul 13 2020, 12:38 PM
Post #166

Member No.: 18,493

Jon (and Bill) are planning to come up Interstate 95 on Saturday morning and meet me in Woodbridge and then we’ll head to meet Dave Toppin (north of Philly) and have lunch.
+Quote Post
BeatNavy
post Jul 13 2020, 01:56 PM
Post #167

Certified Professional Scapegoat

Member No.: 17,042

QUOTE(914dave @ Jul 13 2020, 02:33 PM) *

Spoke
The guys who are coming from the south are meeting me at the Yardley park and ride where 295 crosses from PA to NJ. We are going to cruise up river rd thru the Delaware Water Gap for lunch and then to the hotel. Out of the way for you, but if you wanted to join us for the cruise, all are welcome. The meet time at the park and ride is 10:00 am.

Dave - assuming I'm making it, I would like to plan on joining up with this crew if that's ok (remember, my teener makes everyone else's look good next to it (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) ). I'll confirm ahead of time. @mepstein , are you in cahoots with this group? I'll be passing through Wilmington.

Looks like a beautiful drive north (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif)
+Quote Post
914dave
post Jul 13 2020, 03:39 PM
Post #168

914 Addict

QUOTE(BeatNavy @ Jul 13 2020, 03:56 PM) *

Spoke

Dave - assuming I'm making it, I would like to plan on joining up with this crew if that's ok (remember, my teener makes everyone else's look good next to it (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) ). I'll confirm ahead of time. @mepstein , are you in cahoots with this group? I'll be passing through Wilmington.

Everyone is welcome. Get in touch with Jon (Lvnzdrm). He’s coming up 95 with the group. You can meet up with them in Wilmington
+Quote Post
914dave
post Jul 13 2020, 06:54 PM
Post #169

914 Addict

ATTENTION!!!
For those attending the drive on Saturday. We will be having lunch at Wallenpaupak Brewing in Hawley PA. Check out the menu if you like. Should be something for everyone.
+Quote Post
theer
post Jul 13 2020, 08:35 PM
Post #170

Member No.: 19,014

Is there a caravan coming down from the North?
+Quote Post
JRust
post Jul 14 2020, 04:11 PM
Post #171

914 Guru

Member No.: 129
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

LOL! I just checked thinking man I could use a good drive. I haven't made an east coast run yet. Well I still won't be making it. That 44hour drive one way is just a bit much (IMG:style_emoticons/default/blink.gif) . Have fun everyone (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
+Quote Post
lvnzdrm
post Jul 14 2020, 05:43 PM
Post #172

Member No.: 15,452

Winding down the punch list, throttle pedal bushing broke. I sourced a nylon bushing from Lowe’s that should work. I need to wash the car and pack, but pretty much ready for the trip. The plan is as follows:
- Leave East of Richmond at 5:00 ( I’m a early riser)
- Meet Ben and his best half in Woodbridge ( ETA 7:00) fill up with fuel
- Head north up 95 and meet Bill J and his excited son (ETA 8:15)
- Continue up 95 North through Baltimore and meet Dave, Dion and company at the Yardley Park and Ride off 295. ( ETA around 10:30)

From there I’m a sheep and will follow the group to the hotel.

On a side note I’m looking for 2 sets of Porsche Letters for the decklid. Any condition tabs broke off are ok. Working on a garage project.

See everyone soon!!

+Quote Post
nditiz1
post Jul 14 2020, 06:58 PM
Post #173

Member No.: 18,763

@lvnzdrm - I have some weltmeister brass pedal bushings. I could next day them to you if you wanted. Or you can drive up, im in MD.

Will possibly be making a test hit on the teener to check temps. If they are still not staying down I can't come in the teener but I can still make it in the 911 that was once powered by a 76 914 2.0
+Quote Post
lvnzdrm
post Jul 14 2020, 07:32 PM
Post #174

Member No.: 15,452

QUOTE(nditiz1 @ Jul 14 2020, 04:58 PM) *

@lvnzdrm - I have some weltmeister brass pedal bushings. I could next day them to you if you wanted. Or you can drive up, im in MD.

Will possibly be making a test hit on the teener to check temps. If they are still not staying down I can't come in the teener but I can still make it in the 911 that was once powered by a 76 914 2.0

Thanks for the offer, the Lowe’s bushings worked perfectly. Car is finished!! Wash, top off fuel and pack. Hope to see you in the Teener!
+Quote Post
TonyA
post Jul 14 2020, 08:15 PM
Post #175

Nachmal

Member No.: 20,596

Spoke

Are you bringing the tub I helped you get from the west side of DC back in March??
+Quote Post
Spoke
post Jul 14 2020, 09:42 PM
Post #176

Jerry

Member No.: 3,031

Ugh.

My 914 suffered a self-inflicted flesh wound.

A couple of weeks ago I assembled the first set of round brake and turnsignal boards and quickly put them on my car for a photo op. Apparently I didn't secure the plastic lenses and last weekend went for a spirited ride and the passenger side rear lens fell off. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/chair.gif)

If I can pick up a pair of US lenses or one Euro passenger side lens, I'll bring my 914. Anyone going have a pair of US lenses or one Euro passenger side lens they'd like to sell or barter for some LEDs?
+Quote Post
iankarr
post Jul 14 2020, 10:07 PM
Post #177

The wrencher formerly known as Cuddy_K

Member No.: 18,749
Region Association: Intermountain Region

Actually I think I may have a euro lens. Will check tomorrow!
+Quote Post
BeatNavy
post Jul 15 2020, 02:07 AM
Post #178

Certified Professional Scapegoat

Member No.: 17,042

QUOTE(TonyA @ Jul 14 2020, 10:15 PM) *

Spoke

Are you bringing the tub I helped you get from the west side of DC back in March??

Uh...that one still has a way to go yet, Tony (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) Unless maybe I could bring it up and we could do a work party at the gathering. You know, nothing major. Just welding in rest of longs and sail panels, grinding, stripping paint, complete body work, sanding, painting, complete reassembly..... we could knock it out in a couple of hours (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif)
+Quote Post
Alapone
post Jul 15 2020, 07:50 AM
Post #179

Member No.: 15,734

I will be making the day trip Saturday. I didn't sign up, I hope that's alright (was waiting to resolve a scheduling conflict)

Looking forward to seeing everyone.

+Quote Post
914dave
post Jul 15 2020, 08:13 AM
Post #180

914 Addict

QUOTE(Alapone @ Jul 15 2020, 09:50 AM) *

I will be making the day trip Saturday. I didn't sign up, I hope that's alright (was waiting to resolve a scheduling conflict)

Looking forward to seeing everyone.

That’s not a problem. You just have to pick up the lunch tab for 30 people. Only kidding. Be at the hotel by 9:00. Drivers meeting at 9:30, departure at 10:00.

Super 8 by Wyndham
340 Green Tree Drive
East Stroudsburg, PA

See you then!!!
+Quote Post

15 Pages V « < 7 8 9 10 11 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 03:08 PM