Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

15 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Official Northeast Anniversary Gathering Info Thread, ADDED INFO - POST#79 AND #114
StarBear
post Mar 26 2020, 07:01 AM
Post #41

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,753
Region Association: North East States

QUOTE(Big Len @ Mar 25 2020, 07:49 PM) *

A whole lot of crap has happened since this was first posted and many have booked their rooms. But with 17 weeks to go, I'm going to rely on a combination of faith, science, and optimism that the country will be in far better shape in July than it is right now. In the broad scheme of things, a cruise is a pretty low priority, but more focused decisions can be made later. But for right now, we're still a go.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/cheer.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Porschef
post Mar 27 2020, 03:57 AM
Post #42

How you doin'

Member No.: 12,152

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/agree.gif)

+Quote Post
rgalla9146
post Mar 27 2020, 06:17 AM
Post #43

Advanced Member

Member No.: 5,176
Region Association: None

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/agree.gif)

Time will tell
+Quote Post
14carrot
post Apr 2 2020, 10:21 AM
Post #44

Member No.: 6,599
Region Association: Canada

Hi Big Len!

Thanks for setting this up!!! Tony A just filled me in as I somehow missed it. I missed catching up with all you NE guys at Hershey this year and can't wait. I sure hope it is a go! And to have Steve attending is phenomenal (fingers crossed the #19 car can make an appearance). I will be cross posting in the SIG914 Updates thread in case there are other crazy Canucks willing to make the trek.

My problem is that I have a driver development 3-day track weekend at Mosport booked for the same days! Aaarggh!!! The chance exists that schedules may have to change, so I will make it if I can.

Should I be able to go, you won't see a confirmation from me at the hotel as I'm bunking at Tony's place but we'll both be there, God willing. Hopefully you guys will let us hang at your hotel for socializing. Please don't laugh at my narrow body tribute to the Sonauto 914-6 (IMG:style_emoticons/default/lol-2.gif) All done in the spirit of this special year. I'll try to bring a little something along for participants too if I can come. We are still hoping to have our SIG914 24 Minutes of Le Mans August 1-2.

Attached Image

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=341094

Prayers for the world and being able to return to some sense of normal. Take care everybody - my thoughts are with you all - especially those on the front line like Dion.

A 914 tour is the kind of medicine we need right now. - John
+Quote Post
theer
post Apr 2 2020, 10:23 AM
Post #45

Member No.: 19,014

Hoping to be able to make this event! Thanks for organizing!
+Quote Post
Porschef
post Apr 2 2020, 12:26 PM
Post #46

How you doin'

Member No.: 12,152

Hoping, as I’m sure we all are, that by the time this rolls around, things are somewhat normal...

Keeping my fingers crossed.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beer3.gif)
+Quote Post
Big Len
post Apr 2 2020, 08:44 PM
Post #47

Member No.: 16,126
Region Association: Southwest Region

QUOTE(14carrot @ Apr 2 2020, 12:21 PM) *

Hi Big Len!

Thanks for setting this up!!! Tony A just filled me in as I somehow missed it. I missed catching up with all you NE guys at Hershey this year and can't wait. I sure hope it is a go! And to have Steve attending is phenomenal (fingers crossed the #19 car can make an appearance). I will be cross posting in the SIG914 Updates thread in case there are other crazy Canucks willing to make the trek.

My problem is that I have a driver development 3-day track weekend at Mosport booked for the same days! Aaarggh!!! The chance exists that schedules may have to change, so I will make it if I can.

Should I be able to go, you won't see a confirmation from me at the hotel as I'm bunking at Tony's place but we'll both be there, God willing. Hopefully you guys will let us hang at your hotel for socializing. Please don't laugh at my narrow body tribute to the Sonauto 914-6 (IMG:style_emoticons/default/lol-2.gif) All done in the spirit of this special year. I'll try to bring a little something along for participants too if I can come. We are still hoping to have our SIG914 24 Minutes of Le Mans August 1-2.

Attached Image

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=341094

Prayers for the world and being able to return to some sense of normal. Take care everybody - my thoughts are with you all - especially those on the front line like Dion.

A 914 tour is the kind of medicine we need right now. - John

You're more than welcome to hang anywhere and that goes for anyone who can only make a segment.
+Quote Post
Big Len
post Apr 18 2020, 05:42 AM
Post #48

I have no idea what's going to happen in the next 13 weeks, but I do know I want to have this gathering happen more than ever before. And after talking to several attendees, all still want to come, so delaying a final decision until the beginning of June seems reasonable. Praying that some of life's normalcy returns, we are still on.
+Quote Post
Tjmrfe
post Apr 18 2020, 05:47 AM
Post #49

NON IMPEDING RATIONE COGITATIONIS

Member No.: 18,612

QUOTE(Big Len @ Feb 25 2020, 05:14 PM) *

For years, I drooled over the pictures posted from the WCR, Red Rocks, Route 66, and Ockteenerfest weekends. The closest, Okteenerfest, was a 10 - 13 hour drive and I'm just not willing to do that. So we planned something similar at little closer to the center of the northeast, East Stroudsburg Pennsylvania, in hopes of drawing a pretty wide audience and a diversity of cars and owners who believe the 50th anniversary is a pretty damn special thing.

So here's the unrefined outline:
The hotel is the Super 8 by Wyndham booking for the nights of July 17, 18, and 19 which is a Friday and Saturday, departing on Sunday. This hotel has good reviews, was recently renovated, has a continental breakfast, an indoor pool, and is centrally located within striking distance of the Delaware River and the Poconos. The group rate is $76.50 a night, 2 people, for a total of $169.96. a terrific rate. No other discounts can be applied and it is cancel-able and it is reserve now and pay later. I am not certain what the rate would be if you only wanted to stay only one night, but it is possible it may be higher.

Super 8 by Wyndham
340 Green Tree Drive
East Stroudsburg, PA
570 420 - 7267 - Select the Front Desk
YOU MUST USE "PORSCHE 914 GATHERING" to get the rate. No payment is necessary at this time.

Come at your leisure on Friday as check in is after 2 pm and no dinner is planned, just a meet and greet at night.
Saturday - After breakfast, quick driver's meeting, then off to cruise some great roads with the targas off. We'll stop for lunch and several pictures along the way. Back to the hotel after 3 pm for a jump in the pool or throw a couple back or both. Later, off to dinner together at a predetermined place. Then, heading to a local car meet with the Lost in Time Car Club, who have their normal Saturday night get together. and welcomed us to join them. Back at the hotel after and break out the traditional gas can.

Couple of points - We're gonna come up with something commemorative thing to give to everybody. It will be good to see some people I haven't seen in a while, the people are equal to the cars, terrific. And I can't stop you but please, due to the nature of our weekend, no 911s, 944s, 968s, or any other 9 series that doesn't include one four. Thanks.
See ya there.

Wow! Thanks I know this stuff takes a lot of effort...now, I just gotta get my motor done, a great goal for me to shoot for! Thanks
+Quote Post
shag
post Apr 18 2020, 09:41 AM
Post #50

Member No.: 16,901

I just made reservations at the Super 8, and am looking forward to seeing and meeting everyone. If there is anything I can do to help you all please let me know. Thanks alot for having this get together. John
+Quote Post
rgolia
post Apr 18 2020, 11:14 AM
Post #51

GeoJoe

Member No.: 11,329

I got my fingers crossed. The 914 is ready. Had to move the cars to the new garage as the old garage has become my new office. Hope everyone is well and stay safe.

Attached Image
+Quote Post
Big Len
post Apr 18 2020, 12:06 PM
Post #52

Love the garage Ralph.
+Quote Post
Big Len
post May 17 2020, 10:31 AM
Post #53

With exactly 2 months to go, I see no reason to postpone this event. After talking to many of you, I don't believe waiting another month or two will make much of a difference, not only in regards to the virus, but also the fact that many places are starting to open up. In two months, any sort of normalcy will be here and last a while, so to me, a delay makes little sense. And some minor tweaking of the schedule should help in making everyone feel comfortable, adding that I've talked to the hotel manager and they are on board with taking all proper precautions. Presently, they are holding 14 room reservations, which is at least that many cars.

So we're still a go and personally, I can't wait.
+Quote Post
Big Len
post May 17 2020, 10:32 AM
Post #54

Double post
+Quote Post
stevend914
post May 18 2020, 02:41 PM
Post #55

Member No.: 20,670
Region Association: Upper MidWest

Google maps shows 914 miles from home to East Stroudsburg...but...I haven't yet talked myself into that drive for a one day event...but who knows...I may get too much cabin fever.
+Quote Post
sjhenry1075
post May 19 2020, 07:33 AM
Post #56

Member No.: 14,709

I just saw this and I'm excited! I just got my 71 running and have been looking for some sort of an event to drive it to. I'm going to call the hotel today to make reservations. I'm excited to meet everyone and at this point, I'm not sure if my SO will be making the trip.
+Quote Post
jaredmcginness
post May 19 2020, 11:14 AM
Post #57

Member No.: 23,209
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

Very tempted to join this. If I am not on work travel that weekend, and my car is operable. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)
+Quote Post
Big Len
post May 28 2020, 05:39 PM
Post #58

Promising news - Monroe County, PA, and in fact all 4 Pocono counties are shifting from red to yellow tomorrow, Friday, May 29th. The regional heath dept. believes that all 4 counties should go to green by mid June, a solid month before our event. Restaurants will have dine in services (@50% capacity), gatherings up to 250 people, and a number of other recreational things will be open. Of course, things could change, so I'll have another update in 2 or 3 weeks.

Hopefully, the only worry we'll have is the weather, which is normal. Wow, there's a word I haven't heard in a long time.
+Quote Post
Dion
post May 28 2020, 06:25 PM
Post #59

RN

Member No.: 2,766
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

Thanks Len for keeping us updated. Worrying about weather would be a welcome worry!
Keeping positive!
+Quote Post
rgalla9146
post May 28 2020, 06:39 PM
Post #60

Advanced Member

Member No.: 5,176
Region Association: None

Great job Len.
Keep us posted.
+Quote Post

15 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 08:33 PM