Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Shifter issue?., Shifter going hard right into 4th
sbruzek
post Feb 28 2020, 06:50 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 14,024
Region Association: Upper MidWest

Hi all

I have a 73 2.0. My shifter goes into each gear fine (if carefully guided into 2nd/3rd) My issue is that it pops out of 1st hard and takes it all the way over to 4th instead of out of 1st and up to 2nd gear. If I hold it tight I can guide it up into 2nd ok but it doesn’t ever have a smooth move into 2nd. It always wants to go all the way up/over to 4th as it comes out of 1st.
Is an adjustment needed to the shift rod or do I have an issue with the shifter? Seems like spring is too strong as it comes our of 1st but I like that it comes out crisply so there is not much chance of a down shift into 1st by mistake. Is there guide or ?, in the shifter that is worn/missing that allows it to move too far to the right, past 2nd, and over too far into 4th.

There is a spacer under the shifter. I think that means someone might have put in a short shifter, as to the best of my knowledge stock shifters don’t have the spacer. It looks like shifter itself is stock based on pics I’ve seen and typical wear.

Any suggestions?

Thanx

Steve
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th May 2024 - 04:35 PM