Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Should I move my fuel pump?
dr914@autoatlanta.com
post Mar 25 2020, 02:25 PM
Post #21

914 Guru

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,418
Region Association: None

no only if it is causing vapor lock. Make sure all of the plumbing is tightly installed and the fuel pump is correctly mounted and that the bellows flaps are installed and the engine is running as cooly as possible and you should be ok

QUOTE(Lilchopshop @ Mar 2 2020, 06:25 AM) *

I've been working hard on my newly-acquired 73 2.0. Thanks to everyone on this site for all the inspiration and motivation! Currently have engine out, engine compartment stripped, interior stripped, gas tank out. Since the car has been sitting for 30+ years, i decided I would replace all the fuel lines. I plan to buy a complete stainless fuel line kit from Tangerine. In the state I'm at currently, it would be an ideal time to re-locate the fuel pump. I plan to keep the D-jet injection. Should I move the fuel pump to under the tank? Are there any down sides to this? What pump should I get?

Thanks in advance,
Aaron

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th May 2024 - 07:52 AM