Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Rules Classified Rules!

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> FS '75 1.8 (now a 2.0) in Michigan
markyb
post Mar 11 2020, 10:27 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,823
Region Association: None

1975 2.0 A/C car, 11,000 miles shown (believed to have 111,000) $18.000

I bought this car in late 2011 from George @ Auto Atlanta. He told me that it was a one owner car at the time, a serviceman stationed in California, and the guy had the parts for a 2.0L upgrade that George's crew installed in 2011. The heads are from FAT Performance, steel pushrods and the EGR system is stripped away. This car has always been stored in heated storage under my ownership and never even saw rain here. The original ownership in Cal speaks for itself. I currently have professionally powder-coated Mahle wheels on it and 195/65 R15 Kumho Solus '15 date coded tires. An extra set of 2.0 wheels is included with new-ish 185/65 Kumho tires (5 tires and wheels of each set). The original A/C is still installed although disconnected and I never attempted to operate it. AA/George re-covered the driver's seat for me due to a small hole in the seat pad, the passenger cover remains original and in good condition.

Last summer I finally decided to have the panels that were previously repainted correctly redone in single stage as original. That included only the exterior of the driver side front and rear quarters and the hood. I also had the shop attempt a cosmetic repair of the RR quarter panel and we decided to paint that exterior as well. The color match is beautiful. The selected panel repaint was performed for cosmetic purposes only, none of the panels had rust and no filler was used. Their was one spot of rust under the front trunk seal and it was treated with POR and painted (pics attached). The targa top was meticulously re-coated in a bedliner product for durability, again done for a refresh and not damaged in any way. I left the rocker area photos as found during the recent paint work to show the provenance and they are absolute solid. I powdercoated the rocker covers and both front and rear valence in black. Paint was performed at State of Mind Customs in Pontiac/Oxford, MI. For those who know John's work you'll understand how nice the paintwork is. The pictures shown with the luggage rack removed were taken after the recent paint work (the trunk is original paint and was just lightly polished along with the rest of the car)

The original L-Jet fuel injection system is installed with fresh fuel lines and a set of SS fuel lines to the tank. I also installed an SVDA distributor and have retained the original which is included in the sale.

Shifting is absolutely smooth in all gears. I have replacement PORSCHE decals for the rocker area and after the partial repaint I decided to leave them off in case a new owner prefers it as-is. Within my ownership I replace numerous weatherstripping items supplied by 914rubber, a new bluetooth Blaupunkt and speakers (I retained the original radio and wiring) and did routine fluid changes including oil (Valvoline VR-1 20w-50), brake fluid and transaxle. Tim at Euro Autowerks in Rockford, Michigan did a transaxle seal replacement and Lemforder turbo tie rod swap and alignment for me as noted in the receipts. There are numerous spare parts included with the sale as noted in the BAT ad.

Here's the cold start video and you'll also find a short driving video on my channel

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1l-F3kcQGk4&t=3s

I have a lot of pictures, please ask if you need more detailed photos.

This was my BAT listing from late last year as a reference for photos and videos:

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1975-porsche-914-18/

Mark

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
markyb
post Mar 11 2020, 10:44 AM
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,823
Region Association: None

I forgot to add that all of the paint you see in the trunk areas, wheel wells, the engine bay and the door jambs is original paint. The repaint areas were only on the noted exterior surfaces of the panels. That gives you a good idea of how clean and rust-free this body is
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 05:51 AM