Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> new video - GT build at PMB Coachwerks, for your quarantined entertainment...
iankarr
post Mar 31 2020, 09:09 AM
Post #1

The wrencher formerly known as Cuddy_K

Group: Members
Member No.: 18,749
Region Association: Intermountain Region

Hey Guys,

Check out how Eric and the gang are building an amazing GT...

What else you gonna do today for 26 minutes?

Enjoy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fm7IbtLogO8

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
Maltese Falcon
post Mar 31 2020, 08:03 PM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,755
Region Association: None

In the video Eric mentions Dick Troutman...he is the guy leaning on the drivers side cowl of this Scarab racer circa 1958. It's usually powered by a SB Chevy , in this instance the team were trying a 3L Offenhauser engines. It proved unsuccessful. The guy pointing a finger opposite Dick is Tom Barnes. Troutman/ Barnes went on to build race engines, drivetrains for many celebrity Teams. Then got into Porsches along the way. Bill Troutman took over from his Dad and continued on with a strong Porsche parts biz. I have a couple of the Troutman oil thermostats in my 914s. Pic was taken at Scarab Team ( Lance Reventlow) bldg. at 11930 W. Jefferson Bl. Culver City Ca. They , along with several other Period race shops, teams and manufacturers were all located in the Jefferson & Washington Blvd. area known as Thunder Alley. Our MSDS 9063 W. Washington Blvd. Culver City shop in the late 1970's, Headman "Hedders" and Dick Guldstrand ent. were the last of the tribe to mfg there. Most of it today is re-zoned retail, cafes and artsy (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)
Iskenderian Cams still keeps a tiny building (still has the signage) at Jefferson + Slauson Blvd !
Attached Image
+Quote Post
ConeDodger
post Apr 2 2020, 10:54 AM
Post #3

Apex killer!

Member No.: 3,380
Region Association: Northern California

QUOTE(Maltese Falcon @ Mar 31 2020, 11:03 PM) *

In the video Eric mentions Dick Troutman...he is the guy leaning on the drivers side cowl of this Scarab racer circa 1958. It's usually powered by a SB Chevy , in this instance the team were trying a 3L Offenhauser engines. It proved unsuccessful. The guy pointing a finger opposite Dick is Tom Barnes. Troutman/ Barnes went on to build race engines, drivetrains for many celebrity Teams. Then got into Porsches along the way. Bill Troutman took over from his Dad and continued on with a strong Porsche parts biz. I have a couple of the Troutman oil thermostats in my 914s. Pic was taken at Scarab Team ( Lance Reventlow) bldg. at 11930 W. Jefferson Bl. Culver City Ca. They , along with several other Period race shops, teams and manufacturers were all located in the Jefferson & Washington Blvd. area known as Thunder Alley. Our MSDS 9063 W. Washington Blvd. Culver City shop in the late 1970's, Headman "Hedders" and Dick Guldstrand ent. were the last of the tribe to mfg there. Most of it today is re-zoned retail, cafes and artsy (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)
Iskenderian Cams still keeps a tiny building (still has the signage) at Jefferson + Slauson Blvd !
Attached Image

Marty,
I really appreciate you sharing your knowledge of Porsche racing history. Thanks!
+Quote Post
burton73
post Apr 2 2020, 01:59 PM
Post #4

burton73

Member No.: 7,414
Region Association: Southern California

[quote name='ConeDodger' date='Apr 2 2020, 09:54 AM' post='2800189']
[quote name='Maltese Falcon' post='2799669' date='Mar 31 2020, 11:03 PM']
Attached Image
[/quote]

Marty,

Very small world. I bought a couple of vibratory finishers from Richard Iskenderian at Iskenderian Cams 4 weeks ago. I was going over my use of Issyk cam in my CB750 Honda I had built back in 1974 with CB350 pistons making it an 812cc. I told him that is was an unbelievable rocket back then. For 1976

They were using the Vibratory finishers to finish roller rockers. Totally set me up.

Richard is the son of POPS Iskenderian he is the big boss now. I asked him if they made any cams for Porsches and he said only very old ones.

It is really a small world. They say 6 degrees of separation between everyone. The old Isky shop it 5 blocks from my house as the crow fly.

Picture of one of the machines I bought from them.

Bob B
Attached Image
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
cuddy_k   new video - GT build at PMB Coachwerks   Mar 31 2020, 09:09 AM
Cairo94507   Thanks for posting that video. I thoroughly enjoy...   Mar 31 2020, 10:04 AM
Coondog   Thanks Ian, best video to date.... :first: Its tha...   Mar 31 2020, 10:09 AM
mb911   Thanks Ian, best video to date.... :first: Its th...   Mar 31 2020, 12:16 PM
Cairo94507   Well.... I raised my eyebrows at that claim too. ...   Mar 31 2020, 10:19 AM
JOEPROPER   Great Video Ian! :first: Nice to get the in...   Mar 31 2020, 10:22 AM
BuddyV   Love that guy! ….. wow.... my car sucks. I...   Mar 31 2020, 11:13 AM
Mueller   Nice video, so much detail. Lots of work on thos...   Mar 31 2020, 11:32 AM
johnhora   Nice Video!   Mar 31 2020, 04:41 PM
ValcoOscar   Another Great video Ian...Thank you. Sorry to say...   Mar 31 2020, 04:59 PM
cuddy_k   Sorry to say, but Eric outshined you on this one....   Mar 31 2020, 06:22 PM
mepstein   I really got into Eric showing and explaining the ...   Mar 31 2020, 07:27 PM
burton73   I really got into Eric showing and explaining the...   Apr 2 2020, 01:42 PM
Maltese Falcon   In the video Eric mentions Dick Troutman...he is t...   Mar 31 2020, 08:03 PM
ConeDodger   In the video Eric mentions Dick Troutman...he is ...   Apr 2 2020, 10:54 AM
burton73   [quote name='Maltese Falcon' post='27...   Apr 2 2020, 01:59 PM
Maltese Falcon   In the video Eric mentions Dick Troutman...he is...   Apr 2 2020, 03:29 PM
Big Len   Thanks Ian and Eric, enjoyed it.   Mar 31 2020, 09:05 PM
fasthonda   Great Video! 4 year waiting list, wow. Seems l...   Apr 1 2020, 08:31 AM
Sprout   Great video, and so informative! Thanks for al...   Apr 2 2020, 02:22 PM
jmitro   pretty cool video, thanks for sharing. nice to see...   Apr 2 2020, 09:50 PM

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th May 2024 - 03:46 AM