Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Question for the 914 Retailers on World, How has the business changed over the last decade?
Big Len
post Mar 31 2020, 09:29 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 16,126
Region Association: Southwest Region

Talk about parts development, prices, inventory, sales.

Where do you see this market going in the short and long term?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
Mikey914
post Mar 31 2020, 11:18 PM
Post #2

The rubber man

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,348
Region Association: None

914Rubber.com

Well I can say 10 years has been a pretty big change. I started making parts about 14 years ago, never planned on making it a business, but it got to the point I had to either go full bore or sell out.

Those of you that know me would not be surprised to know I have over 20 projects in the wings with more new cool stuff you didn't know you needed. I''ve always tried to make the parts from better materials. An example being the internal clips. OEM were steel and they rusted in place. I started using stainless and aluminum. Seems like most other manufacturers followed suit. The main targa seals were selling for about $800 when I started making them we have been able to drive the price down to less than you paid for the OEM when available 10 years ago.

Our inventory has grown significantly, and we are starting to add many other parts we don't make like spark wire plugs caps and rotors, brake pads, even PMB rebuilt calipers!

This is a finite market short term we continue to make a majority of 914 parts, but with over 680 different products eventually we will make as many as we can make. Still have a ways to go.

Our long term plans are to move into 911 and 356 parts to continue to be able to support the community. The 914 parts will always be needed, but we are doing our part to see that a monopoly will not control the market, and quality parts will be available and not in short supply.

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th May 2024 - 03:16 PM