Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Anyone Know Where This Car Ended Up?
tnchris
post Apr 1 2020, 07:48 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,946

All this social distancing has me reminiscing on different times and the different cars present in those times. That said, one of the cars I wonder about the most is this 914 my brother had (this is his account, but we share it). Last we knew of it was when the buyer contacted my brother back to see if he'd be interested in re-purchasing but it couldn't be done at the time. I believe the car was in Kentucky at the time or maybe Clarksville, TN (somewhere in that region). When my brother had the car, it lived in Chattanooga and he purchased it from a guy in Cleveland, TN, so largely a SE car. The car: Canary Yellow, 5 lug conversion with fuchs, badged a 1.7 but had a carb'd 1.8 installed at the time of sale. My brother sold the car in 06 or 07.

Any leads? Any info? Any great memories of canary yellow 914's and no pandemic?

Not trying to buy back the car, but trying to keep tabs in case the time ever comes.

(IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/uploads_offsite/live.staticflickr.com-7946-1585792117.1.jpg)

(IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/uploads_offsite/live.staticflickr.com-7946-1585792117.2.jpg)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
iankarr
post Apr 1 2020, 08:02 PM
Post #2

The wrencher formerly known as Cuddy_K

Member No.: 18,749
Region Association: Intermountain Region

Do you have the VIN? If so, check the database...
+Quote Post
bretth
post Apr 1 2020, 10:29 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 18,882
Region Association: Southwest Region

This looks a hell of a lot like a recent thread about a car from the notorious BHCC. http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...343406&st=0
+Quote Post
911GT2
post Apr 2 2020, 01:12 AM
Post #4

Member No.: 12,773
Region Association: Europe

QUOTE(bretth @ Apr 1 2020, 08:29 PM) *

This looks a hell of a lot like a recent thread about a car from the notorious BHCC. http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...343406&st=0

It's not, that car has got a tan interior, repro fuchs, different radio antenna, porsche logo between the tail lights.

Of course it could all have been changed, but it seems unlikely.
+Quote Post
twistedstang
post Apr 2 2020, 06:41 AM
Post #5

Member No.: 5,395
Region Association: None

Good luck with your search. Due to my boredom at home I was going through some pics of the one that got away...a 62 beetle I restored and then sold. I came across a bill of sale with the buyers name. I tracked him down on FB and he still has the car. He said itll never be for sale but I had a great talk with him, saw all his updates, and will visit the next time I'm in the Chicago area. All in all, a happy ending.
+Quote Post
tnchris
post Apr 2 2020, 06:51 AM
Post #6

Member No.: 7,946

In talking with my brother, the original buyer might have been in Cookeville, not Clarksville.

I will try and find the vin but it'll be a long shot for sure.

I don't think it is the BHCC one but crazier things have happened.

Awesome ending on the Beetle story! The cars are fun, but it's the people who make it interesting! Keep the stories coming!
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 07:49 AM