Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> FYI, rocker panel dirt build up reduction
porschetub
post Apr 15 2020, 01:58 PM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 18,995
Region Association: None

As most will know this area is real mud trap and can hasten rust on the panels themselves and more importantly the body of the car.
Mine were full of sand mud and gravel but thankfully no rust,while in the process of ordering oil line fitting from Stoddards I checked out their 914 part offerings and found part number 914-559-127-10 described as ''distance washer for rocker panel".
I have fitted them to the panels and was pleased to find there was no more build-up with the exception of a few stones,they are a little hard to fit as they try to full out before you get the bolts started but a good solution and from memory cheap to buy.
Make sure you run a tap into the thread inserts in the body as I found some of mine a bit rusted up,I also found it was better to fit longer bolts .
Thought this maybe some use to others out there.
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/beer.gif) .
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th May 2024 - 10:40 AM